More QC issues??

toothace

Zombie Thirteen, DFZ
I'm not one to complain, and I've never had an issue before this. I buy my chicken wings at Costco, and they come in a 3-pack blister pack, usually about 5 1/2-6 pounds each. They are always separated into drums and winglets. So tonight i'm making about 5 dozen wings, and I get one that's still together. IT HASN"T BEEN SPLIT!!! I don't know what to do...should I return it? Is it ok to go ahead with it this way? The wings weren't PS money but they aren't dirt cheap either. I feel a little let down with the company and am not sure if I can trust them for my wings anymore.

What should I do?!?!?

First, call Paul McCartney. He knows about wings.

Second, and you’re not going to want to hear this, learn to separate wings. Why pay a tech $40/hour or $8.99/pound or $11.98/Euro to do something you can do yourself. There are plenty of people here who can give you great advice on separating wings. You’d have been sh!t out of luck if you needed help separating thighs.

Third, once you’re past this crisis, watch the documentary Wings, narrated by Crystal Bernard. Highly recommended.

Dude, why you gettin' yer undies in a bunch? It's not like this has happened repeatedly. It's one occurrence out of the dozens of bags you've bought in the past. It's likely one just slipped through QC and made it out the door. It's not like the feathers were still on it, for crying out loud. Man up and split that sucker. Then, give the company another chance.

Dude, why you gettin' yer undies in a bunch? It's not like this has happened repeatedly. It's one occurrence out of the dozens of bags you've bought in the past. It's likely one just slipped through QC and made it out the door. It's not like the feathers were still on it, for crying out loud. Man up and split that sucker. Then, give the company another chance.

I invested a lot into this meal, and I feel I shouldn't have to worry about the quality of my wings. I mean, It's not a small investment! I have a few mouths to feed and not everyone can afford to have their wings custom split. Not everyone can afford to shop at Whole Foods.

I invested a lot into this meal, and I feel I shouldn't have to worry about the quality of my wings. I mean, It's not a small investment! I have a few mouths to feed and not everyone can afford to have their wings custom split. Not everyone can afford to shop at Whole Foods.
What flavor? Korean BBQ, or Indonesian? Everyone should buy the Maryland-spiced wings. Why would anyone buy one or two cheap packs of wings, when they could buy a single, delicious, Maryland wing that would satisfy their appetite? Really, not being in the same financial bracket as others is no excuse for buying Asian-flavored wings. ;)

Last edited:
I made 2 flavors. Traditional Buffalo and a dry rub with Zatarain's Pro Boil. Is that Maryland enough for you guys? Geesh!

Back