More Clips, Less Talk

I think it would encourage the rest of us to try it.

I'll do it, but I have to figure out how to record first. I bought a DAW with Studio One, but I have yet to figure out how to use it...
Yeah, me too. I got a DAW Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 with Cubase LE7, but I haven't figured how to use it, either. I have a tab always loaded with Cubase videos, but there is just sooo much information that half the time I fall asleep before I understand it enough to try it.

But you are right, Les, and everybody who has thrown in. Now I'm not afraid to stand up and play in front of people. Got over that many years ago. Once I figure out this recording stuff, I'll toss it in the mix. The motivation is there and the gauntlet has been thrown.

I have a track i did with some guys in a basement studio. It was played on a standard McCARTY with dragon 2's for the pickups. I changed out the McCARTY'S , because the dragons had a little more gain. More of that "BROWN" sound. The track was a warm up for some other tunes we were going to do. I would like you all to hear it, but i don't know how to get it off of I-tunes [ my music ] onto this web site. I'm better with my guitar than i am with this computer.

Ok, I'll play along. I just did a YT clip with my iPhone because I felt like taking the lazy way out tonight. Later on I'll mess with soundcloud.

Playing a riff to one of the songs I play live. Guess it and win a new PRS (not really, but...). I also threw in a pedal steel lick at the end just because.

Playing my favorite PRS, a Cherry Soapbar McCarty Korina with a Braz Board with DAllen's Cool Cat P-90s into a Rockett Archer (silver klon clone) overdrive into a Catalinbread Belle Epoch for tape echo and a Line 6 M5 for plate reverb into a 65amps Ventura set clean like I do into a Avatar 112 with a Celestion 65 Creamback. Sounds big. I love P-90s, I wish Paul would do more guitars with them in S2 or Core.

Dude <3 DAllen pickups!

Someone was going to post an instructional video on how to upload instructional videos, but he couldn't follow the instructional video.

Plus, it was a silent movie. Without caption cards.

Well, I had forgotten that I had a youtube account. And heck, I managed to guess my password. Looks like I just ran out of one excuse. Next... learn how to record through my DAW. This is gonna take a lot longer, sigh.

Oh, btw, here's an instructional video on how to post an instructional video...

Heh, heh!

Here's my band jamming last night - Just trying out my new audio interface (Roland Studio Capture). Just my CU24 30th through my Line 6 M13 into my Mesa MK V, with one SM57 mic. We are between singers at the moment, and rather out of practice, so forgive the clams. This is a song I wrote called "Entitled" which we originally recorded several years ago:
https://soundcloud.com/goat-n-gitter/step-entitled-rehearsal-recording

Here is the older more complete recording (No PRS - just to give you an idea of how the complete song sounds with a singer):
https://soundcloud.com/goat-n-gitter/step-entitled

Tom

I have to figure out how to record first
The easiest is get a microphone and plug it in to your PC, I've done it several times and the result is pretty damn good. I use Sound Forge for recording. I once tried a midi pick up on an acoustic via Cubase but it was terrible, try the mike, simple and easy. I understand a Rocksmith cable and Audacity (via a USB port on your PC) works nicely, in fact, I'm going to buy one right now.

Last edited:
@LSchefman: Your mind is full of excellent ideas bonding us together.
I apologize being not able to present fresh stuff. I´m off at military training without any opportunity to record.
But I could present some files I uploaded at soundcloud. Please don´t throw tomatoes on me. I´m a MAJ and not a musician ;)

My "drive train": Guitar (PRS 513 MT, modified by PRS) - Klotz cable - Line 6 POD HD500X - stereo cable at phones - Propellerhead balance interface - USB - Propellerhead Reason 7 DAW (stereo signal).

Starting with "5 minutes Blues", then I switched trough all modes and pickup combinations (each with reduced and full volume), after that I could present a blues pattern on A D E. But that´s not all.
A clean lick, a crunchy lick, some high gain lick, and some more high gain (at the end I got kinda weird, it´s crappy).
And finally an idea of a song I named "Atmosphere of Departure" (Les might have a clue about the circumstances I elaborated this.).

(If I don´t bored anyone to death a few more "songs" could be discovered via the hyperlink in my signature. But those songs I played on my custom made hollowbody.)

Last edited:
Hey guys, here is a video I did a wile back to kinda show what cool rails sound like in the bridge position on a custom24.
The riff is one of the parts I play in one of my songs. Don't really like showing my face, but who cares. :)

Superb in every way! Tone AND playing!

Ok, I'll play along. I just did a YT clip with my iPhone because I felt like taking the lazy way out tonight. Later on I'll mess with soundcloud.

Playing a riff to one of the songs I play live. Guess it and win a new PRS (not really, but...). I also threw in a pedal steel lick at the end just because.

Playing my favorite PRS, a Cherry Soapbar McCarty Korina with a Braz Board with DAllen's Cool Cat P-90s into a Rockett Archer (silver klon clone) overdrive into a Catalinbread Belle Epoch for tape echo and a Line 6 M5 for plate reverb into a 65amps Ventura set clean like I do into a Avatar 112 with a Celestion 65 Creamback. Sounds big. I love P-90s, I wish Paul would do more guitars with them in S2 or Core.

Did dig this, thanks for doing it!

Here's my band jamming last night - Just trying out my new audio interface (Roland Studio Capture). Just my CU24 30th through my Line 6 M13 into my Mesa MK V, with one SM57 mic. We are between singers at the moment, and rather out of practice, so forgive the clams. This is a song I wrote called "Entitled" which we originally recorded several years ago:
https://soundcloud.com/goat-n-gitter/step-entitled-rehearsal-recording

Here is the older more complete recording (No PRS - just to give you an idea of how the complete song sounds with a singer):
https://soundcloud.com/goat-n-gitter/step-entitled

Tom

Tom, I liked both tracks a lot - dug the PRS tone a lot, but it's really nice with vocals!

@LSchefman: Your mind is full of excellent ideas bonding us together.
I apologize being not able to present fresh stuff. I´m off at military training without any opportunity to record.
But I could present some files I uploaded at soundcloud. Please don´t throw tomatoes on me. I´m a MAJ and not a musician ;)

My "drive train": Guitar (PRS 513 MT, modified by PRS) - Klotz cable - Line 6 POD HD500X - stereo cable at phones - Propellerhead balance interface - USB - Propellerhead Reason 7 DAW (stereo signal).

Starting with "5 minutes Blues", then I switched trough all modes and pickup combinations (each with reduced and full volume), after that I could present a blues pattern on A D E. But that´s not all.
A clean lick, a crunchy lick, some high gain lick, and some more high gain (at the end I got kinda weird, it´s crappy).
And finally an idea of a song I named "Atmosphere of Departure" (Les might have a clue about the circumstances I elaborated this.

(If I don´t bored anyone to death a few more "songs" could be discovered via the hyperlink in my signature. But those songs I played on my custom made hollowbody.)

Nice playing all around, and it sounds very, very nice, too!

Back