More Clips, Less Talk

I usually capture some tone tests when I get new gear. The captures are usually done with a phone camera. I switch phones more than I change clothes some weeks, but I do know this was an iPhone. Given the date I believe it was an iPhone 5. I don't think I've ever posted this here, so for your pleasure or perhaps not. Hah!

This is shortly after receiving the first PS I had built at the end of 2013. It's a hog body and neck with a maple top and ebony board. It's covered in gloss nitro and has Elixir 11s tuned to Drop C. The pups are 57/08s. It's a PRS silent jack cable that's 18 or so feet. The amp is a Bogner Uberschall Twin Jet on Channel 1, yeah...channel 1. All knobs set at noon because that's how I roll. The volume was bedroom level. The cabinet is an Orange 4x12. I don't know what pick I was using. I assume a Jazz III, but I might have made the switch to Red Bear Style No. 9 in XH by this time. The wanking is all made up on the spot since I am just trying to get an idea of the tone. While I wouldn't move a knob from noon it's still nice to hear what stuff sounds like while not playing.

Right on, Les!

You know, I sit in front of this goofy computer all day recording and editing music but can't really share it because it's usually not mine to share, or "protected" yet. That's usually what's up when I post to soundcloud for a few days and then pull it down.

I do however find myself setting aside time for noodling for my own enjoyment every night and just need to hit record. I'll try and throw something up more often.

I usually capture some tone tests when I get new gear. The captures are usually done with a phone camera. I switch phones more than I change clothes some weeks, but I do know this was an iPhone. Given the date I believe it was an iPhone 5. I don't think I've ever posted this here, so for your pleasure or perhaps not. Hah!

Dude! You can shred! That sounds great.

Ok Les short clip of the following ! PRS SE Bernie Marsden & PRS Stripped 58 through Orange Micro Terror one X 12 Warehouse speaker .Pedal Catalinbread DLS . Miked with Fatboy ribbon mic & Sennheiser MD 409 !

https://soundcloud.com/charles-kerr/jan-30-2016

YEAH! That's what I'm talkin' about! Really, really nice stuff - everything sounds great. Which guitars played which parts?

Nice playing, too, I dug it.

Hi Les

Thanks for the compliments ! I need to add the vocals to finish this tune !

Ok the solo guitar is the Stripped 58 . The rhythm guitars are right side SE Bernie & left side DIY kit Strat
All are through the same amp pedal rig !

Glad I read all the posts in the thread.

I have the most embarrassing video of our "band", but it hardly counts as a "gear demo". It could probably be used for interventions to demonstrate the dangers of alcohol.

Here is a recording of a MM Baritone I had for a brief period. It's through a Line 6 PODxt with some metal amp model, God knows what.

https://soundcloud.com/onemorerob/mm-baritone-test

I have the most embarrassing video of our "band", but it hardly counts as a "gear demo". It could probably be used for interventions to demonstrate the dangers of alcohol.

Here is a recording of a MM Baritone I had for a brief period. It's through a Line 6 PODxt with some metal amp model, God knows what.

JEZZUS!!!!! Is that your drummer or a program? I've never had an alcoholic beverage that could make me spit double bass like that! I'll have what you guys are having. Nice work, Rob.

JEZZUS!!!!! Is that your drummer or a program? I've never had an alcoholic beverage that could make me spit double bass like that! I'll have what you guys are having. Nice work, Rob.
Haha. No.

That's the (somewhat) less embarrassing clip.

That clip is me and EZDrummer. He's the reason I don't record much. I hate programming drums, and the stock clips don't do what I want.

Haha. No.

That's the (somewhat) less embarrassing clip.

That clip is me and EZDrummer. He's the reason I don't record much. I hate programming drums, and the stock clips don't do what I want.

Oh, good. I was getting ready to move to Maryland and live in your basement while we started a thrash band. :eek:

I've put stuff on Soundcloud, I've made backing tracks for my mother to use at church (surprisingly, I haven't been struck by fire or brimstone while doing this), and I've even done a couple live Periscipe sessions. If I can do that, there's no reason we can't see more clips posted!

I get the fear. I performed my first piano recital when I was four years old, and that was over 60 years ago. I shook then, and my knees still shake getting up in front of a group of people and playing, whether it's guitar or piano.
It would be nice if I were more uncomfortable with playing out. A little fear of screwing up is good for everyone. Actually, not screwing up would be a better thing. So, here's me apologizing in advance for future crappy videos. :D

That really gives a nice impression of the heaviness and weight of the tone of that thing. Nice work!

Guys, I'm so happy -- this thread is going really well! I love that you got into the spirit of it, said "the heck with proving I'm David Grissom/Mark Tremont/Insert Name Of Favorite Guitarist Here" and just played your butts off on stuff.

Everyone who posted has my thanks and congratulations for breaking the ice!

Back