More Clips, Less Talk

Many apologies for the non-PRS guitar, but it's a really good one, regardless. It's still my Super Dallas thru the pine 2x12 in the cruddiest acoustical environment imaginable (Les will cringe).
Kerry, I can see why you love that amp - sounds awesome! Very percussive, although, I'd imagine some of that's the 335. So when ya changin' yer name to Dallas????

Dude freaking awesome video, I think you've just inspired me to make better videos. Mby will take some time to get some gear to do so. Great video, I enjoyed it alot!

I used a 10 year old webcam + an iPad hooked up to my iMac with Screeflow to record everything at the same time. It's an amazing piece of software and actually the most intuitive editor I've ever used. I even surprised myself :)
Thanks a lot.

Kerry, I can see why you love that amp - sounds awesome! Very percussive, although, I'd imagine some of that's the 335. So when ya changin' yer name to Dallas????
Lol! Yeah, I thought about that too! :D And thanks.

81688867-7717-4D65-A32F-2AC3D426D4A5_zps5fq9y1k1.jpg

Archon in 100 watt mode with EL-34's. Diezel 2x12 with V30's. \m/ bridge pickup. Just plugged straight in. Tuned to drop C(11 14 18 36 52 60 string gauge).

Last edited:

Archon in 100 watt mode with EL-34's. Diezel 2x12 with V30's. \m/ bridge pickup. Just plugged straight in. Tuned to drop C(11 14 18 36 52 60 string gauge).

Sounded great, Vaughn!

It's hard to make a guitar sound really tasty in a drop C, but yours sure does! I like the way you have the Archon set up for it as well. You're getting a lot out of that combination.

Anderson noodling. iPhone quality

You play really well! Good thing there are some PRS' hanging on the wall in the background... ;)

Seriously, I had a couple of Andersons in the 90s, and they're fine guitars, but weren't my thing. Anyway, very nice playing and sound!

Sounded great, Vaughn!

It's hard to make a guitar sound really tasty in a drop C, but yours sure does! I like the way you have the Archon set up for it as well. You're getting a lot out of that combination.
Hopefully I get a chance this week to show a range of tones from the guitar. All on the same amp channel, same settings as this vid. You might be surprised. I wanted to do it for this vid, but got a little fed up with myself and had to walk away.

The second video didn't play for me, but I dug the first one! Good sounding band, nice tones, great playing. What's not to like?

Bummer! Not sure why. They're both linked the same way. The second song is the better one, guitar-wise.

Glad to hear that people dig the sound!

You play really well! Good thing there are some PRS' hanging on the wall in the background... ;)

Seriously, I had a couple of Andersons in the 90s, and they're fine guitars, but weren't my thing. Anyway, very nice playing and sound!

Thank you Les! The Anderson Angle was part of a custom matching Mesa MK v 25 purchase at The Guitar Sanctuary. The name plate bezel was finished with a piece of flamed wood and the Whale Blue. The not to fond of the neck type but still fun to play.
The PRS collection does get more playing time. I will get some clips up soon with the Collection Series IX and go from there with each one.
Last note! Self taught "closet" guitarist for close to forty years. Hobbiest and collector of fine guitars and amps. Hard worker from a young age to recent business acquisition as owner, builder, installer, of fine pools. Only drawback, at 53, my finger joints and hands have suffered from years of hard manual and mechanical overuse, abuse, etc...

PlayOn Sir!

Hopefully I get a chance this week to show a range of tones from the guitar. All on the same amp channel, same settings as this vid. You might be surprised. I wanted to do it for this vid, but got a little fed up with myself and had to walk away.

Looking forward to it, Vaughn. Loved the tone on this clip - makes me anxious to get my own \m/-powered beast in hand!

Thank you! Though I definitely think you are a better player than I am. Your demo of the PS 20th had me considering selling a kidney to get one!

Seriously, you are a far better player than I will ever be. But the 20th is a nice guitar!

Back