More Clips, Less Talk

Here's a clip of my S2 SC semi. I'm just playing some blues riffs over a backing track from youtube to try out my new xotic EP booster.
Signal chain is S2 > Boss GT6 - ( external loop of GT6 - Movall rocket train compressor and overdrive > xotic ep boost) GT6 is supplying master volume, delay, and noise gate. > Mesa Lone star Special (clean channel)
Mic'd with an SM57 and an e609 > Presonus bluetube preamp > computer interface
I'm really digging the ep booster.

https://soundcloud.com/user-127765410/blues-jam

Seriously vibey and cool. Nice playing, too!

OK, I'm jealous now.

So I'm getting both my Splawn quickrods retubed next Friday, so I'm kinda "quickrodless" at the moment. But I have my Friedman to play with at the moment, I've been playing it for the last week. I really like this amp alot, very vintage ACDC sounding in the c45 mode/ be100. But no doubt it can get very hairy in the fat mode/ hbe100. But I miss my quickrod already and can't wait to play it again with new tubes. My plexi is getting the Ruby bstr and the snake skin =c= or mby the eh El34s. Either way,it's gonna sound good!

Made a video for you guys with the Friedman, it definitely has its strengths as an amplifier. I'm using my 96 PRS cu24 w/59/09 pickups, first split in the neck then full on bride pickup.

By the way it's loaded with the =c=

Let me know what you guys think!

So I'm getting both my Splawn quickrods retubed next Friday, so I'm kinda "quickrodless" at the moment. But I have my Friedman to play with at the moment, I've been playing it for the last week. I really like this amp alot, very vintage ACDC sounding in the c45 mode/ be100. But no doubt it can get very hairy in the fat mode/ hbe100. But I miss my quickrod already and can't wait to play it again with new tubes. My plexi is getting the Ruby bstr and the snake skin =c= or mby the eh El34s. Either way,it's gonna sound good!

Made a video for you guys with the Friedman, it definitely has its strengths as an amplifier. I'm using my 96 PRS cu24 w/59/09 pickups, first split in the neck then full on bride pickup.

Sounds yummy!

Just stuck with that Friedman eh? Bummer!

:D
Sounds that way doesn't it. That's actually how I feel, my whole set list revolves around my favorite amplifier. The Friedman is an awesome amplifier but I got my soul wrapped around my quickrod, it's gonna be a long week :(

I've heard good things about those Splawn amps. Never tried one... but, as with a lot of things, would like to!

Recently cleaned up my basement studio, got everything not related to music OUT (greatly increasing the amount of space) and laid some rugs down, added another guitar hanger... oh, and the Custom 50 has been a nice bonus as well! :D LOVING the space to work on new music! Finally doesn't feel like a basement.

Above, my drummer and I working on a tune... not really a new one, we've been back and forth this one for a while, but I think it's finally ready for polishing. Guitar part is just a quick scratch track of my 57/08 loaded SE Akesson, into a Wamper Sovereign, to the Custom 50, mic'd with an SM57.

26781390543_de00465631_z.jpg

27340465655_853519a089_z.jpg

27270108161_01e659309a_z.jpg

Ridiculous flag courtesy of a friend of mine... inside joke.

Recently cleaned up my basement studio, got everything not related to music OUT (greatly increasing the amount of space) and laid some rugs down, added another guitar hanger... oh, and the Custom 50 has been a nice bonus as well! :D LOVING the space to work on new music! Finally doesn't feel like a basement.

Above, my drummer and I working on a tune... not really a new one, we've been back and forth this one for a while, but I think it's finally ready for polishing. Guitar part is just a quick scratch track of my 57/08 loaded SE Akesson, into a Wamper Sovereign, to the Custom 50, mic'd with an SM57.

Sweet! I love it when a plan comes together!

Nice! Thanks for posting this, quite cool! BTW, the drummer's darn good, too (as are you).

Hey hey! I like! The amp sounds great, the playing is even better.

Hey guys! Here's me doing sound check. It's been a wile since I've played live, I wanna say five years. Very fun, but they made me turn it down :oops: I'm playing a custom 24 w/59/09 pickups through a Friedman modded Marshall SL BE100, loaded with a 2X12 ev12Ls.
Most importantly, I had fun!:rolleyes:

4udkOA0.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys! Here's me doing sound check. It's been a wile since I've played live, I wanna say five years. Very fun, but they made me turn it down :oops: I'm playing a custom 24 w/59/09 pickups through a Friedman modded Marshall SL BE100, loaded with a 2X12 ev12Ls.

Very, very nice!

Nice sound!

Back