More Clips, Less Talk

Hey guys!
I promised a video with my newly acquired 88 ce. Im absolutely in love with this guitar.

Sounds great!

BTW, are you a Neil Schon fan? I've enjoyed his playing for decades and something about the tone/vibe reminds me vaguely of him. Rich tone, a flair for the melodic, that kind of thing. Tip o' the hat sir!

Sounds great!

BTW, are you a Neil Schon fan? I've enjoyed his playing for decades and something about the tone/vibe reminds me vaguely of him. Rich tone, a flair for the melodic, that kind of thing. Tip o' the hat sir!
Haha guilty! Super huge fan, probably my biggest inspiration. Thank you that means alot. I'm glad you enjoyed it, lol.

Thank you very much, Les!
Indeed, it´s a POD. I did nothing special. This is a preset consisting of simulations/modellings of a wah, a volume, a Tube Screamer, a Bassman, a plate reverb, and a stereo delay.
No extra EQ or anything else. It´s very simple, but I like it for clean and crunch, just using the volume knob of my PRS (or other guitars).

Thank you very much, Les!
Indeed, it´s a POD. I did nothing special. This is a preset consisting of simulations/modellings of a wah, a volume, a Tube Screamer, a Bassman, a plate reverb, and a stereo delay.
No extra EQ or anything else. It´s very simple, but I like it for clean and crunch, just using the volume knob of my PRS (or other guitars).

Sounds a lot better than my early red kidney shaped POD that I took back after two days. LOL

Here's two short, very different clips that I have made:

The first video was my first attempt at recording guitars. I'm still really new to it because I moved and all my gear is still packed up and I haven't made my "guitar space" yet in the new house. But anyways, signal chain is 2011 Tremonti > ProTone Pedals Bulb Deluxe Overdrive > Blackstar HT-1 direct out > Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 > free version of Abelton

This second video is nothing special, I was noodling for a few minutes and wasn't really focused on tones, but was really digging how the Custom was playing. So I pulled out the iPhone. Chain is 2002 Custom 24 > Mesa Mini Rectifier > Mesa 1 X 12 Rectifier Cab.

I hope to do some lengthier stuff in the future. Hope it doesn't make you cringe!
Well done!

Been posted before the other day but this is the only video/audio i have of my PRS so far. I'm currently working on some tones as these were all made from my old 22 SE with Tremont pickup.
The tone quest is a daunting thing.

NICE JOB on the Alter Bridge solo!

Ooops! Sorry, I got click-happy and accidentally deleted my original post. Reposting.

The first video was my first attempt at recording guitars. I'm still really new to it because I moved and all my gear is still packed up and I haven't made my "guitar space" yet in the new house. But anyways, signal chain is 2011 Tremonti > ProTone Pedals Bulb Deluxe Overdrive > Blackstar HT-1 direct out > Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 > free version of Abelton

This second video is nothing special, I was noodling for a few minutes and wasn't really focused on tones, but was really digging how the Custom was playing. So I pulled out the iPhone. Chain is 2002 Custom 24 > Mesa Mini Rectifier > Mesa 1 X 12 Rectifier Cab.

I hope to do some lengthier stuff in the future. Hope it doesn't make you cringe!

Sounds a lot better than my early red kidney shaped POD that I took back after two days. LOL

Of course it really does. I started with the red bean in 1999. At that time it was state of the art. But in comparision to modern modelling technology it sounds artificial or actually digital.
Currently I like my HD500X with the HD fully loaded bundle. I would like to switch to HELIX. But other aims are more in focus.

Ooops! Sorry, I got click-happy and accidentally deleted my original post. Reposting.

Nice stuff! Seriously.

You get into any Jimmy Herring solo albums? Subject to Change Without Notice is awesome.
Actually, don't think I have any Jimmy Herring of any kind in the old collection. Not sure way that is because I like his playing. Guess I need to hit the download button a bunch this weekend.

My band got a finished track today. This was a song that they had recorded previously to me being in the band, but no one was happy about how it turned out, so we wrote a new ending and re-recorded the whole thing. The other guitarist's LP wouldn't stay in tune in studio, so we both used my SE CU24 through my SE30, and his 6505. I've never loved the way that guitar responded in standard tuning, too bright (I postulate it's maple neck), but tuned down a step it's a force of nature.

https://www.reverbnation.com/edgefromfalling/song/25636508-so-tired-sick-world-version

My band got a finished track today. This was a song that they had recorded previously to me being in the band, but no one was happy about how it turned out, so we wrote a new ending and re-recorded the whole thing. The other guitarist's LP wouldn't stay in tune in studio, so we both used my SE CU24 through my SE30, and his 6505. I've never loved the way that guitar responded in standard tuning, too bright (I postulate it's maple neck), but tuned down a step it's a force of nature.

https://www.reverbnation.com/edgefromfalling/song/25636508-so-tired-sick-world-version
\m/ dig it man!

You guys did a really nice job with this stuff. Nice playing and arrangements, the right guitar tones for the style!

Back