Moral Dilemma with PRS SE Nick Catanese Signature

I’d sell it.
I used to love Peavey amps until I saw the episode of undercover boss and realized he was a prick.

Sold the three amps I had and never looked back.
Ill share a similar story. I used to have an Egnater rebel 20 amp and cab, but the thing failed after a couple months. It took 18 months to ever get a response from Egnater customer service. I ended up taking it to a local repair tech, and they couldn't make heads or tails of it. Somewhere around that time I actually got a hold of Bruce Egnater, and he suggested to send it to their repair facility. I did....and it took a year before I heard back. So, my amp was sitting on a bench somewhere while a bunch of goons were eating sandwiches. I got it back, and still had to pay labor on repairs that didnt do anything, and two months later...transformer died again. So, this whole thing took three years to end up in the same place. I sold the thing to a guy in Jersey for cheap and tore apart the cab removing any Egnater logos/schwazz.

I totally get the mindset of ditching gear that has a certain bad mojo to it. At the same time, If you can scrub out the offending names/logos, to me that's a better justice. I still have the cab and you'd never know it was an Egnater. I probably could have kept the amp and done the same, but I was just gassed, I wanted it out of my house. I would have traded it for a six pack at that point.

Ill share a similar story. I used to have an Egnater rebel 20 amp and cab, but the thing failed after a couple months. It took 18 months to ever get a response from Egnater customer service. I ended up taking it to a local repair tech, and they couldn't make heads or tails of it. Somewhere around that time I actually got a hold of Bruce Egnater, and he suggested to send it to their repair facility. I did....and it took a year before I heard back. So, my amp was sitting on a bench somewhere while a bunch of goons were eating sandwiches. I got it back, and still had to pay labor on repairs that didnt do anything, and two months later...transformer died again. So, this whole thing took three years to end up in the same place. I sold the thing to a guy in Jersey for cheap and tore apart the cab removing any Egnater logos/schwazz.

I totally get the mindset of ditching gear that has a certain bad mojo to it. At the same time, If you can scrub out the offending names/logos, to me that's a better justice. I still have the cab and you'd never know it was an Egnater. I probably could have kept the amp and done the same, but I was just gassed, I wanted it out of my house. I would have traded it for a six pack at that point.

And that guy from Jersey…Kevin Smith.
:p:D
(I was hoping it was somehow tied together being that Kevin is a Jersey guy!)

Or a nifty way to distance from Weinstein after the fact? Legit question

Class act. He uses his friends in the movies. One of his friends, Walt Flanagan, and he used to talk about owning their own comic book store when they were kids. When he became successful, Kevin bought the comic book store in Red Bank so Walt could run it, which ultimately led to Walt and two other friends of Kevin's starting a podcast, which led to Comic Book Men. He also does a thing at airports and other places where fans of his are working but are not allowed to ask for pictures. He asks them for a picture, then posts it so they can download it w/o getting in trouble.

Here's a story for you - some years ago, they announced that they were going to do a live recording of Smodcast in Red Bank. It just so happened to be on the Sunday of Experience weekend. My sister-in-law lived in Long Branch at the time, so I asked her if they could put me up for a night, and after Experience I headed up there. By the time I'd heard about it, they'd sold out of the announced number of meet and greet tix (which got you a copy of his new book and a chance to get it signed after the show). I made the call anyway, and they were able to hook me up with a ticket for it. Went to the show, got my book and my DVD of "Chasing Amy" signed afterwards, and chatted to Kevin and Scott Mosier about Pittsburgh a bit (since they've done a couple flicks here). Then everything moved to the lobby for pictures. Got someone to take my picture w/the two of them, and then someone asked me if I'd mind taking their picture, which I'm always happy to do because a number of folks have done me the solid over the years when I've been at things alone. So I did theirs, and someone else asked, and I think I did three or four groups. Walked over to the table where I'd put my camera and started packing it up, and I felt a tap on my shoulder and heard someone say, "Hey man." Turn around - it's Kevin. He stopped taking pictures to come over and tell me he thought it was a really cool thing for me to stick around an extra few minutes and take pictures for a few folks, especially because I'd said I was driving home the next day.

Or a nifty way to distance from Weinstein after the fact? Legit question
Nothing to do with @shimmilou as a post, and no offense intended, but this demonstrates the “damned if you do, damned if you don’t” nature of trying to please social media. It’s a lost cause. You just have to do what you think is right and pass on trying to please or convince anyone… in this world, it ain’t gonna happen. Satisfy your own conscience and move on.

I felt the same as you did over nicks signature model, but I decided that since = A, he longer plays them (hasn't since 2014) and be B the guitar itself was such a dream to play then I'd change mine up a bit.

51221974707_bfb0c3fdd0_o.jpg

Like others have said you're not endorsing the things he's done (he already had his percentage of the sales) your just playing a fantastic playing and sound guitar, de-badge it and if anyone asks just say it a older SE that is out of production and has been for some time.

Your modified guitar looks awesome, thanks for sharing!

As others have suggested, I would make the guitar (which truly is just a bunch of wood and electronics, hardware, and strings) "mine" - a signature "shinksma" model if this was me and my guitar.

The name on the headstock didn't touch that guitar. So refinish it completely! @sergiodeblanc can offer you some tips...

I sure wouldn't part with it, that looser :mad: has NOTHING to do with it. Just as shinksma and other's have said. You of course have to do what ever suits you, but I'd wrap that rascal and be done with it.

Before I became violent to a good guitar, I would like to know more about the facts behind Nick’s conviction. Was he 40 and forceably raped a 13 year old (very bad) or was he 20 and had consensual sex with a mature looking 17 year old (something that isn’t really immoral but is common but technically illegal)?

Before I became violent to a good guitar, I would like to know more about the facts behind Nick’s conviction. Was he 40 and forceably raped a 13 year old (very bad) or was he 20 and had consensual sex with a mature looking 17 year old (something that isn’t really immoral but is common but technically illegal)?
He was 46, the minor was 14

I also picked up a red version of the Nick Catanese guitar, love everything about it accept for the signature on the headstock. I beleive Nick used 10-46 strings on this guitar, whereas PRS recommends 9-42 for most SE models. Myself, im relearning the guitar after playing one in Jr High 40 years ago so i probly wouldn't know the difference, thanks for the input

Back