Moondog Wily

Howlin' At The Moon!
I have been a musician my entire life, but never wanted to pursue a career in this field because of the "rigged game" that is the music industry. Music has always been my religion (don't know if I heard that Hendrix quote, but I have felt that way from even before knowing who Jimi Hendrix was), and I would never want it to be compromised by having to produce something that somebody else wants. In 2014, my laziness took a turn, and I released my first music. I sent my first album out to 438 college and indy radio stations across the country. Of stations that did report spins, I had 6 of the 13 songs on that album played on 14 different radio stations in 10 states. There was probably more, but most stations did/would not send me reports. I was very happy with that result and to this day, am proud of my rookie accomplishment! This year, I started working under a new artist name (one of half a dozen that I do work under) and that is my title here, Moondog Wily. I have released only 3 songs so far, but will be releasing at least a dozen more this year. Between all my artist names, I am releasing a song a week this year. I have written over a thousand in my life (many decades) and until 2014 had released nothing. So even if I were to release a song a week for the next 20 years, I would not have to write another one. Of course, I have already written 11 this year, so it is not like I am worried about fresh material. All that said, here is my bandcamp page for Moondog Wily https://moondogwily.bandcamp.com/ . All feedback appreciated, good and bad. I am a shitty guitar player, a shitty singer, an ok percussionist, but I feel that I write some really good songs ;~)) Looking to improve and feedback will help me see what I am missing (and like I said, I already know some of my shortcomings, so no need to remind me of those) that could make my material better!!! New release will be served up at 12:17 am PT on Feb 27, 2021, the moment of the full moon for this cycle!! When else would a Moondog release a song, right!!! Oh, and BTW, only the most recent track (May Your Dreams Be Captured) has my PRS WL McCarty 594 Hollowbody II on it, the other ones are using my Martin J-40. The PRS will be getting a LOT more time in my tracks considering how beautiful it sounds and how smooth it is to play, but I just received it two weeks ago! Thanks for reading/listening!!!

In honor of the second full moon of this year, Moondog Wily presents "Luna Clock". Here is a link to grab the MP3 if you would like, and also a link to my bandcamp link for this artist. All feedback appreciated. This song uses my new McCarty 594 Hollowbody II along with my Musicman Stingray and various percussion and synth items. Oh, and cuckoo clock!!!

http://MoondogWily/audio/Luna_Clock.mp3
https://moondogwily.bandcamp.com/track/luna-clock

Very creative stuff, Moondog.
Thanks LSchefman! I have other artists that I post under as well, and some of it will never make it up here (in part out of respect for keeping this site as civil as possible), but if you would like links to other material I have produced, happy to share via private message, just let me know ;~)) Releasing a song a week this year under several artist names! Wish me luck!!!

Thanks LSchefman! I have other artists that I post under as well, and some of it will never make it up here (in part out of respect for keeping this site as civil as possible), but if you would like links to other material I have produced, happy to share via private message, just let me know ;~)) Releasing a song a week this year under several artist names! Wish me luck!!!

I wish you nothing but the best of luck!

Back