Moon inlays

This may sound crazy but I would like to have my birds removed and replaced w/ the abolone dots or "moons". Think PRS would take this mod on? Cost???

This may sound crazy but I would like to have my birds removed and replaced w/ the abolone dots or "moons". Think PRS would take this mod on? Cost???
notsureifserious-jpg.64335

That said, if you are serious, you'd have to replace the whole fretboard, and then refinish the neck.

Sure John Beef I'm serious asking the question. Doesn't mean I would do it necessarily.

I'm not sure what the cost would be, but I can't imagine it'd be cheap. They would have to remove the entire fretboard, afterall. Might be better just to get used to the birds.

Yeah, your options:
1) remove the fretboard, replace it with a new one with dots, refinish (not cheap)
2) you could have the birds removed somehow, put in dots and fill the rest of the bird routs with some sort of filler, then remove all the frets so you can sand it all flat and then put new frets on (not cheap and also would look terrible).
3) have some custom stickers manufactured that look like dots and rosewood that you stick on over the birds and then replace every so often as they fall off / wear out.

Every PRS that I want should have moons.... except for the ones that have flowers instead.

Back