Moments of Doubt and Pain

I haven't been listening to a lot of music lately, but I was on a particularly long (for me) drive out to a friends farm/coffee roaster, so I had my entire music library playing, and Avarice came on.

It was perfect. Put a smile on my face as I drove on a twisty road through the rolling hills of eastern Washington.

Thank you.

I haven't been listening to a lot of music lately, but I was on a particularly long (for me) drive out to a friends farm/coffee roaster, so I had my entire music library playing, and Avarice came on.

It was perfect. Put a smile on my face as I drove on a twisty road through the rolling hills of eastern Washington.

Thank you.

I love you, man. ;)

After 30 years in the music business doing paid, client-ordered soundtrack work, I decided to release some tunes that reflect how I hear music, without client input. I figured after years and years of talk, it was time to do it.

This isn’t about promoting it; very few people here would bother to listen to it twice; it’s not guitar music, and it’s not a popular genre. Unless you’re into electronica and film scores, believe me, you’ll hate it. Hell, I kinda hate it, and I wrote and recorded it!

Being a somewhat sensible person, I have to say that putting out an album is daunting. I hesitated to do this several times. My head was full of potential reactions, like, “This sucks.” I won’t kid myself.

A few days ago, I decided not to bother. Then my son encouraged me, and basically said (I’m paraphrasing) that lots of artists can’t stand their own music after living with it for awhile. I am certainly among them. Yet I moved forward with it.

I don’t know if I’ll think this was a good idea or a bad idea in a few years, but at least it wasn’t expensive, since I have my own studio. I’m not encouraging anyone else to try this, but I guess it felt necessary.

I’m sitting here having a Monkey 47 martini in honor of my somehow coming up with the firmness of purpose to let it out there! Woo! Doubt, pain, goodbye.

Go Les!

Seriously... I love seeing people break out of the tiny little boxes society likes to keep us in. Best of luck and I’d certainly give it a listen just to hear what you like to do when you don’t have to do. I freaking love it because it makes me genuinely proud of another human being :)

I for one would love to give it a listen. I have developed, produced, recorded and put out several fabulous albums of everything from blues to jazz - all of them in my dreams. So for you to actually go forward with a real project and complete it is, as far as I am concerned, just plain brilliant. Congrats!!!!!

I for one would love to give it a listen. I have developed, produced, recorded and put out several fabulous albums of everything from blues to jazz - all of them in my dreams. So for you to actually go forward with a real project and complete it is, as far as I am concerned, just plain brilliant. Congrats!!!!!

You can hear it for free on my very cute newly redecorated website.

https://persistenceofmemory.band/home

1966...the big giant cigar chomping record "producer" says, "Kids, you did a fantastic job with terrible material. I can't use it" Thanks. I haven't been in an organized studio since...;-)

When I am involuntarily retired from studio work because the phone will stop ringing, I will collapse in a puddle of anxiety and descend into madness. If I recover, I will write a book entitled, Studios: Blessing or Curse?

So count your lucky stars! ;)

"You're already anxious and crazy, Les."

"Then look at the bright side; I'm ready to write the book!"

"Nope. You haven't recovered."

You can hear it for free on my very cute newly redecorated website.

https://persistenceofmemory.band/home
So, confession time here I guess. I do some writing whenever I can find free time, usually on weekends when the missus is out. I have had a handful of short and micro stories published but, success or not, I continue to plug away. I usually put an Amazon Prime Music jazz station on for background noise - it seems to work on my brain stem in some weird way. I listened to your music tracks and they have def taken their place in my music line up. Many thanks for that!!! I am not an electronic music fan per se but this I like, as I said, as backwash to what I am doing and that, in no way shape or form, is meant to sound derogatory, keeping in mind that I also favor, as backwash, Pat Metheny, Monk, Miles and et al. Excellent stuff!

So, confession time here I guess. I do some writing whenever I can find free time, usually on weekends when the missus is out. I have had a handful of short and micro stories published but, success or not, I continue to plug away. I usually put an Amazon Prime Music jazz station on for background noise - it seems to work on my brain stem in some weird way. I listened to your music tracks and they have def taken their place in my music line up. Many thanks for that!!! I am not an electronic music fan per se but this I like, as I said, as backwash to what I am doing and that, in no way shape or form, is meant to sound derogatory, keeping in mind that I also favor, as backwash, Pat Metheny, Monk, Miles and et al. Excellent stuff!

Glad it's working on any level!

Back