Modifying my PRS's!

I've managed to swap out all my knobs to lampshades on all my PRS guitars! And here are a few updated pics.

Also on my SE Tremonti I swapped out the bridge to a MannMade bridge and installed a set of 85/15 pickups. Also MannMade tuners and a core nut.
nxhlGPk.jpg

mBzMEtB.jpg

WVq3CKu.jpg

Also my highly modified ZM guitars.

Bby6zA8.jpg

OvNtrpD.jpg

My CE's with MannMade bridges.
wS2N1Ae.jpg

5h4Tp43.jpg

And I upgraded my SCT with new pickups and a MannMade bridge. And a DEEP cleaning!!
before:
qEK24Rw.jpg

9IcQVgZ.jpg

Now:
3E5MzIH.jpg

g2QiHFE.png

And I swapped out my pickup rings here as well. And added matching backplates.
ZEqP1lw.jpg

vSAJwCb.jpg

And for no reason other than attention, here are more of my guitar pics! LOL
Pov3u0N.jpg

EKXNK6R.jpg

PaAQ32F.jpg

cQixBGY.jpg

tlAx7BH.jpg

What a terrific collection! Love that custom color on you SH ZM and your SCT is insane!

Just when I think I've got some cool guitars somebody starts one of these threads. I'm trying to refrain here fellas!!!!!

Just when I think I've got some cool guitars somebody starts one of these threads. I'm trying to refrain here fellas!!!!!

I think you need to add one while one of yours is off at the PTC. You'll be imbalanced if you don't!

I think you need to add one while one of yours is off at the PTC. You'll be imbalanced if you don't!
Ok.....I can see it coming already.........."you need to buy one while your Mccarty is out so you will have an even number of guitars"........then " you need to buy one when you get your Mccarty back so you'll have an even number again"...........

Ok.....I can see it coming already.........."you need to buy one while your Mccarty is out so you will have an even number of guitars"........then " you need to buy one when you get your Mccarty back so you'll have an even number again"...........

That's a solid idea! See you need two!

I've managed to swap out all my knobs to lampshades on all my PRS guitars! And here are a few updated pics.

Also on my SE Tremonti I swapped out the bridge to a MannMade bridge and installed a set of 85/15 pickups. Also MannMade tuners and a core nut.
nxhlGPk.jpg

mBzMEtB.jpg

WVq3CKu.jpg

Also my highly modified ZM guitars.

Bby6zA8.jpg

OvNtrpD.jpg

My CE's with MannMade bridges.
wS2N1Ae.jpg

5h4Tp43.jpg

And I upgraded my SCT with new pickups and a MannMade bridge. And a DEEP cleaning!!
before:
qEK24Rw.jpg

9IcQVgZ.jpg

Now:
3E5MzIH.jpg

g2QiHFE.png

And I swapped out my pickup rings here as well. And added matching backplates.
ZEqP1lw.jpg

vSAJwCb.jpg

And for no reason other than attention, here are more of my guitar pics! LOL
Pov3u0N.jpg

EKXNK6R.jpg

PaAQ32F.jpg

cQixBGY.jpg

tlAx7BH.jpg
As I scrolled (droooled) through your fabulous photos, the phrase “what the f hole” came to mind!

I’ve got to get me some semi-hollow action!

Nice one Matt:D

Some beautiful guitars in this thread! I just got my first PRS. I payed $713 for it used. SE Custom 22 semi-hollow. I played several very expensive Gibsons at GC and they all played worse than $300 beginner guitars. Then I picked up an older model of the Custom 22 semihollow and it played so smooth! It was $790 and GC, but I found one for $713 on Reverb and bought it.

It is instantly my go-to guitar.

Is it easy to swap pickup rings, like just unscrew old and scre in new? Someone’s post above indicates maybe not.

Is it easy to swap pickup rings, like just unscrew old and scre in new? Someone’s post above indicates maybe not.

No, it's not hard. It's the springs for the pickups that can try your patience. Then when they fly out for the third time you drop the pickup onto the top of the guitar and scratch the top. Gotta remember to tape the top, or put a towel on it.

Well its started. First it was a heavily modified SE. Now its my Cores!

I'm trying to find some black pickup rings for my Henderson. So far no luck.
But I did swap out my pickup rings in my CU24. Installed ebony rings!
before:
OyKzxpj.jpg

After!
v5cosY9.jpg

Hff9B93.jpg

I orfered a set of flamed maple rings for my gold top. Waiting for them to come in.

Also having matching backplates made for the CU24 and a couple of others!

I'll update this thread as I get them done!

Those pickup rings make all the difference. Amazing guitar!

The PRS I modified, my Santana. First I got rid of the ohm sign truss rod cover and put on a rosewood one. Then I replaced the cream pickup rings and switch tip with chrome pickup rings and chrome switch tip. I added a push pull coil tap tone and although specs say stock Santana pickups are not tappable but they are, there is a white wire. For a while I installed Seymour Duncan pups, distortion type. I didn’t care for the lack of harmonic overtones. I finally settled on 59/09 and Santana treble. I love this pup combination and recommend it to everyone. Once I even installed a pair of core PRS Starla pups, don’t have a photo from when they were in. Here’s some photos.

b1V9pWQ.jpg
JTqOChC.jpg
womFXc2.jpg
zawEcNn.jpg
RsfcAHk.jpg

Back