Modifying my PRS's!

matt3310

Well its started. First it was a heavily modified SE. Now its my Cores!

I'm trying to find some black pickup rings for my Henderson. So far no luck.
But I did swap out my pickup rings in my CU24. Installed ebony rings!
before:
OyKzxpj.jpg

After!
v5cosY9.jpg

Hff9B93.jpg

I orfered a set of flamed maple rings for my gold top. Waiting for them to come in.

Also having matching backplates made for the CU24 and a couple of others!

I'll update this thread as I get them done!

shinksma

What? I get a title?
Wow, those rings do look great on your Black-Gold CU24!

But I wonder if that would look any good on my black-gold P24? you can see how much variation there is in a finish, depending on how it was applied and the wood itself! Mine is much more "amber/gold whereas yours is much more "dark toffee":

mc86T6J.jpg

dogrocketp

I drank the PRS kool aid, and it was tasty!
THe black rings are fantastic! I got mine from Phil Henderson. I think that on a lot of PRSi, the black rings de-emphasize the pickups and show the top better. I`ve never looked at pickups as the thing I want to focus on. I put cocobolo rings on a brown SE 24 for the same reason.

matt3310

Wow, those rings do look great on your Black-Gold CU24!

But I wonder if that would look any good on my black-gold P24? you can see how much variation there is in a finish, depending on how it was applied and the wood itself! Mine is much more "amber/gold whereas yours is much more "dark toffee":

mc86T6J.jpg

Go for it! If you don't like it you can always swap back. But I think it will look great! Beautiful guitar there! Love the pup too!

Parralax view

Man, you guys have much more deft hands than I do. Two sets from Guilford and I broke one from each set....the stocks got put back on and that was that. I sent them to someone in England that used to be on here at BAM and forget the whole thing. I really do wish I could have done better but those PRS springs are really stout and even after the warning and great care, snap. Done.