Modified Monday

and also a little less output from the neck pickup (dragon 2).

Nice!

Man, I think I'm back to thinking the covered DII is the best neck pup ever. For lower output but still glassy-@ass top end my go-to has been to lower the pickup and then practically bury the pole pieces beneath the cover... I know it's too late but... I seriously f@cked with the DII in my SE CU22 semi-hollow for weeks until hitting the sweet spot. Now that guitar's neck tone is ridiculous.

I also dig the tone but when I set the amp to where the DGT sounded great the D2 was pushing it just a little too much. I did have it lowered all the way but didn't have the screws all the way in. I've used the Jazz before, it's pretty nice, very similar sounding just less output.

Pickups are like hot sauce anyway. You slather a taco with Tapatio or Cholula, it's still a taco. The fundamental tone didn't really change too much.

Freshly back from the PTC with Narrowfields in custom ebony rings, from Helmi. Back refinished in white, and satin-ized neck!

0Kc9EZV.jpg

DxBSwFS.jpg

Thanks Boogs! I've got nothing against blue, but it was too much. Plus, I love to wear white after Labor Day!

You know, that colour would go great with yellow sneakers...

Putting \m/ pickups in a Santana is quite probably an unforgivable sin, but hey, someone had to go there first!:p

You know, that colour would go great with yellow sneakers...

Putting \m/ pickups in a Santana is quite probably an unforgivable sin, but hey, someone had to go there first!:p

I shoulda pulled out the purply shoes and made sure they were in the shot!

I know, I know. Someone's gotta do it though!

STEALTH MOD!

Guitar pic, because we all love guitar pics, but it looks like any Custom 22:

Jds0QPM.jpg

The fun lies under the hood like a sleeper hot rod:

jV17UOr.jpg
I really like this! I have been addicted to push pulls ever since I dropped them in my Tremonti with a pair of 57/08s! My custom 24 may be getting this treatment very soon!

I got my luthier to do some mods I was too scared to do myself. Heading home soon so should have it... Monday!
I'm trying to imagine what that would be given the mods you've done in the past. The only think I could think of would be precision laser burning or something.

Totally not Monday but it's crap weather here and I can't get a better shot than this one from rehearsal the other night...

Did some wiring mods to my '88 CE:

-59/09 Squabbin in the bridge
-Fralin Big Single black nickel in the neck
-Freeway 6-way switch, pic shows how it's wired. Easier than explaining!

Sounds great, really digging the 59/09 with Plexi type tones!

37232093590_aa53801882_k.jpg

37458984452_a9a60ed2b3_b.jpg

Totally not Monday but it's crap weather here and I can't get a better shot than this one from rehearsal the other night...

Sweet! I approve :D:cool:

Pretty cool! Do you use all 6 positions? Which is your "favorite"?

Back