Modified Monday

I'm upset, Vaughn - I don't remember that thread from BAM at all, and a memory of this beauty could have been in my brain all these years!

That's awesome. Just awesome.
Well, it was probably a good 5 years back...I mean, let's be honest Alan, you ain't no spring chicken anymore! I mean, you're not "Les old", but.....

:hello::laugh:

This will pain a bunch of you guys but.....well, I guess it's got a little relic to it now...

7121518927_0752765bec_b.jpg

I set it up on the cases like in the pic, not sure if I stepped on the cable or what - I was frustrated at the time. The guitar face planted on a concrete floor from about 4 feet up. Larry offered to repair it for me, but at the time, I felt it was battle scar, meant to be, history of the guitar, etc...whatever ya wanna call it. Sometimes I wish I had it repaired, but oh well....
Not sure if this falls under an additional mod? :laugh:

Sand out the arm area...it'll be worth more...much more...not to big of a deal. But kinda seriously, I've seen the Hans carve ( I think it's Hans???) , where they smooth out the arm area and repaint ...hmmmmmm. Give it a go??

Sand out the arm area...it'll be worth more...much more...not to big of a deal. But kinda seriously, I've seen the Hans carve ( I think it's Hans???) , where they smooth out the arm area and repaint ...hmmmmmm. Give it a go??
Might consider that if it was a bother, but my arm, doesn't come into contact with it when I play. I don't play sitting down a lot, even then, I haven't noticed it bother me when doing so.

15132282104_b6dea560a2_b.jpg

Get creative with some bird stickers to match the abalone arm :)

Well, it was probably a good 5 years back...I mean, let's be honest Alan, you ain't no spring chicken anymore! I mean, you're not "Les old", but.....

:hello::laugh:

Wait, when did I post to this thread?

Bastid...

Reardon, is that you?

I'll never understand why some people insist upon ruining their guitars with modifications :iamconfused: ... The negative effects on resale value alone is enough for me to keep all of my PRS stock from the factory as Paul intended!

If you want to tinker with pickups or something just get a kit guitar or a partscaster to mess around with. Once you break that first solder joint or install a TRC with a non-factory spec screw the guitar is worthless... you might even scratch something.

This will pain a bunch of you guys but.....well, I guess it's got a little relic to it now...

I set it up on the cases like in the pic, not sure if I stepped on the cable or what - I was frustrated at the time. The guitar face planted on a concrete floor from about 4 feet up. Larry offered to repair it for me, but at the time, I felt it was battle scar, meant to be, history of the guitar, etc...whatever ya wanna call it. Sometimes I wish I had it repaired, but oh well....
Not sure if this falls under an additional mod? :laugh:

Oh man that bites! At least it's still in one piece. Something like that would bug me to no end.

I took new pics of my SE245, once I find them I'll throw them up but she's fully-modified now! :D Mods include PRS Phase II locking tuners, PRS mini faux ivory buttons and now EMG 66/57 pickups and active electronics! Pretty cool little setup, the 57/66 set are a nice mix of the hotter PAF-style tones of a passive set but the extra bite and a tiny bit of compression from the typical EMG tone, but they roll down pretty well for actives surprisingly enough! One of the better sets from the new stuff EMG has released, color me impressed between these and the Het Set, the recent EMG offerings have been sweet! :rock:

Actually my buddy was able to send them back to me since I texted them to him over the weekend! I'll get some nicer pics up (it was dark and indoors so the figure to the veneer is totally lost, this is one of the trans-black models not opaque black gloss like it might appear to be in these pics! :laugh:) but I think she looks great and sounds fantastic now!

SE245_EMG_Mod_1_zps325e975a.jpg

SE245_EMG_Mod_2_zps8a197dde.jpg

Oh man that bites! At least it's still in one piece. Something like that would bug me to no end.
Most of the time it doesn't bother me at all, like when I'm playing it. Every so often when it's hanging on the wall(which isn't often), I wish I had fixed it. In the end, it doesn't matter. It doesn't affect how the guitar sounds/plays and that's what matters most. I don't mind wear and scars, particularly on opaque finishes or burst finishes. If this was my artist SC, I'd have been inclined to send it in.

Actually my buddy was able to send them back to me since I texted them to him over the weekend! I'll get some nicer pics up (it was dark and indoors so the figure to the veneer is totally lost, this is one of the trans-black models not opaque black gloss like it might appear to be in these pics! :laugh:) but I think she looks great and sounds fantastic now!

SE245_EMG_Mod_1_zps325e975a.jpg

SE245_EMG_Mod_2_zps8a197dde.jpg

Looks very cool Matt! I like the faux bone buttons, nice touch.

Home with pneumonia today. Thought I'd break out the soldering iron and check out how a DGT treble pickup sounds in a Mira. It actually still sounds like my Mira, just a bit warmer and grittier in the mids. Back to back with my CU22 with the same pickup, the CU22 brings balls, while the Mira bring chime and clarity. I think the two guitars will be a bit more interchangeable now while still maintaining their unique characteristics.

2015-01-12125901.jpg

Starting with a handsome backside.

The modification of backplates by golden signatures have been proceeded by Greg Koch (spring compartment cover) and Paul Reed Smith (with dedication, electrical compartment cover).

DSCN8706.JPG

After meeting instrumental practitioner Paul he suggested a inverse plastic surgery at PRS hospital delivers the most dulcet sound I could imagine of this instrument.

This is a common understanding of the 513 entrails:

PCB%2B2011%2BPRS%2B513-.jpg

I was asked to send my guitar to PRS hospital UK.

A team consisting of members of UK´s tech center (attendant) and members of PTC and R&D department (attendant by Skype or other means of communication) succeded the surgery

in a comprehensive approach.

This is the new unterstanding of 513 entrails:

DSCN8663.JPG

And now I present to you the untreated front (Okay it as a scape at the edge near the 5 way selector switch. Not caused by relic ambitions but by a dropped Blackhawk carbon mag pouch... Be that as it may!)

DSCN8797.JPG

Completing the modification I decided to install some wooden parts:

I bought ebony tuner buttons

nkkDn3Kln5HhrWVXWypK2FPX7t24guUrcgWu0B6cmS4=w1185-h889-no

and East Indian rosewood switch tips and a tremolo switch tip.

DSCN9525.JPG

I like my amber coloured lambshade knobs, but I may change them to appealing wooden lambshades if Crazyparts hast them in stock eventually.

Very cool mods! Does she sound any different with the new electronics?

There must be some more fodder for this thread, I need some motivation to get a couple of projects done while I'm home...

I heard from a friend who had a cousin who knew a guy that heard from his grandfathers brother in law that Ted Nugent was actually playing this guitar on stage and his gun holster rubbed on the guitar during a solo that the amp caught fire, burned Teds shoes and Alice Cooper ran on stage with a bucket of cold water then tripped on a guitar cord and then got a mild shock from Teds tazer gun that took the paint off of the guitar. Ted gave the guitar to Vczille the guitar because Teds wife wouldn't let Ted take home the guitar...I swear this is what I heard...

I feel your pain. I dropped a screw on my DGT,the first week I had it. I almost had tears because it was just a silly mishap ....

If it waaaaaassssss Ted Nugent, it was probably from an Indian tomahawk that narrowly missed his head, during one of his 'educational interludes' between songs :)

Back