Modified Monday

Pretty cool! Do you use all 6 positions? Which is your "favorite"?

I've not done a gig yet so it hasn't had much of a workout. I'm not sold on the serial single + single, but I do dig the 2 different parallel settings. The 59/09 on it's own is fantastic, it's grunty, clear yet still retains clarity, gonna be great for the rockier tunes.

I love that CE! And I love a single in the neck! Bangin'!

Thanks buddy. Now, look closer... ;)

Yes you are! This is what I got my luthier to do, and good job I did because it wasn't easy apparently...

Oh, forgot to say I has him refret the CE with SS frets while he was there. That guitar will last another 30 years now!

You’re a madman!!

Yes you are! This is what I got my luthier to do, and good job I did because it wasn't easy apparently...

Oh, forgot to say I has him refret the CE with SS frets while he was there. That guitar will last another 30 years now!

Dude! I totally blew by that! Have at some gnarly VH bombs!

Dude! I totally blew by that! Have at some gnarly VH bombs!
I have been! This guitar is a bit nuts, however the \m/s seem quite dark, I might need to play with cap values.

Oh, it's tuned to D Standard too (a whole step down) just because, for some stupid reason, we've been doing some songs in Eb recently.

I have been! This guitar is a bit nuts, however the \m/s seem quite dark, I might need to play with cap values.

Oh, it's tuned to D Standard too (a whole step down) just because, for some stupid reason, we've been doing some songs in Eb recently.

That's weird, my first impression of the \m/'s I put in the Santana was they're kinda brittle. I think it was the profile on the Kemper because I'm diggin' them now. Although, I'm still not in love with the split on the bridge.

That's weird, my first impression of the \m/'s I put in the Santana was they're kinda brittle. I think it was the profile on the Kemper because I'm diggin' them now. Although, I'm still not in love with the split on the bridge.
Yep thinking it's the wiring, or a pickup height thing. You'd think with Swamp Ash and Maple the guitar would be pretty bright naturally, so when you add ceramic mag pickups it shouldn't be dark at all.

At the risk of derailment, the CE with the M. Britt JTM45 profiles slays! Have you tried those?

Yep thinking it's the wiring, or a pickup height thing. You'd think with Swamp Ash and Maple the guitar would be pretty bright naturally, so when you add ceramic mag pickups it shouldn't be dark at all.

At the risk of derailment, the CE with the M. Britt JTM45 profiles slays! Have you tried those?

Love the Britt profiles. I've been hanging out with his Helios profiles a lot as of late.

Cosmetic changes only. Pearloid pick guard and tuner buttons.

nsFPmrX.jpg

As a follow-up, I’ll add that the stock pickups are nothing to laugh at. The SE Santana/SE245 pickups did not totally pale in direct comparison to the Antiquities. With an identical SE245 with stock pickups back to back, the stock version could sing with crazy sustain. My son’s analysis said it best: “the Antiquities sound like they’re out of control most of the time”. That’s what I like about them the most.

Thanks, guys, for all the kind comments. :cool:

Hi everyone I've really been enjoying this thread and thought I'd post my modded offerings

SE Bernie Marsden
Custom Ebony TRC
Bone Nut
Custom “J Birds in Flight” Fretboard Decals
Switchcraft Selector Switch
Tonerider Classic Alnico 4 Bridge Humbucker
Tonerider Classic Alnico 4 Neck Humbucker
Nickel Gotoh SD-90 HAP Machineheads (Height Adjustable Shafts)
Alminium ABM Wraparound Bridge
Push Pull Tone (Phase Reversal)
Spraque Hyrel .022 PIO Capacitor
Vintage Amber Bell Knobs
Switchcraft jack

SE Marty Friedman
Custom TRC
PRS Core nut
Chrome Selector Switch Tip
Axesrus Classic 50's Bridge Humbucker (Alnico 3)
Axetec Blues Engine Neck Humbucker (Alnico 4)
Cream PRS Core Pickup Surrounds
Push Pull Tones (Phase Reversal & Coil Shunt)
Spraque Hyrel .022 PIO Capacitors
Chrome Control Knobs
Switchcraft jack

SE Nick Catanese
(pickups swapped around for more clarity)
Custom Ebony TRC
PRS Core nut
EMG 85 Bridge Humbucker (switched from neck)
EMG 81 Neck Humbucker (switched from bridge)
24 Volt Modification
Chrome Schroeder Adjustable Stoptail
TonePros metric locking studs
Custom Control Knobs
Switchcraft jack
Werewolf Custom Artwork

SE Santana
Custom Ebony TRC
Graphtec Nut
“Vintage Whisperer” Bridge Humbucker (Unoriented Alnico 5 8.5k) (6.0k Tapped)
“Vintage Whisperer” Neck Humbucker (Alnico 3) 7.3k (5.0k Tapped)
Rosewood Tuner Buttons
Push Pull Tone (Coil Shunt)
Spraque Hyrel .033 PIO Capacitor with 212k & 100K Resistors
Switchcraft jack

SE Soapbar
Custom Ebony TRC
Mallory .022 Capacitor
Switchcraft jack

SE Tremonti
Custom TRC
Bone Nut
Fuullmoon "Night Flight" Bridge Humbucker (Alnico 8) 12.2k (7.4k tapped)
Fullmoon "Night Flight" Neck Humbucker (Alnico 4) 8.7k (6.0k tapped)
Push Pull Tones (Phase Reversal & Coil Shunt) with 212k & 100K Resistors
Spraque Hyrel .022 PIO Capacitors
Switchcraft jack

SE Tremonti Custom
Custom TRC
PRS Core nut
Selector Switch Tip
PRS Core Pickup Surrounds
Clear Control Knobs

Fullmoon “Vintage Whisperer” & "Night Flight Modern" are units made by myself and my son.

Generally I would say I am over the moon with the way these guitars have turned out. However as most of you know modding, like guitar collecting in general is a re-acurring habit. Last week I scored a beautiful 2006 Core CE 24 and fell in love with both the the pickups and the 5 way rotary switch, I have always loved the Dragon II pickups that are in the older CE22's and the day after the CE 4 turned up I snagged a complete set of Dragon II pickups, tone control and 5 way rotary switch for a little more than the price of a single Dragon II unit here in the UK (The whole thing cost me £145.00).

This leads me to my dilemma. I am thinking of rewiring the SE Tremonti so that it has the 5 way rotary harness and DII's.

For example =
Toggle switch rewired as kill switch or wiring removed completely
2 volume
1 tone
5 way switch

Back