Modern eagles

I saw the PRS band play at the Hard Rock in NYC somewhere around 92-93 and PRSh was sporting a dragon though the PRS solid state amp I think. Looked cool and sounded killer. My brother got his PRS signed by him and he couldn't have been nicer.

That's the guitar Paul was still playing when he came to our [Klein/Budda] booth at the NAMM show in maybe 1997, the one that the Modern Eagle was based on. I got to play it for a bit and I thought it was a GREAT guitar.

Understood. It's all good. And, please don't get the wrong idea. I play most everything I own, but there are a few like my millennium dragon that is not going to a gig.

Since this started out as a ME1 thread, here's an ME1 that used to be my main gigging axe, and it has a ding (or two) to show for it. :evil:

BEST ME EVER!

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;176658 said:
I blame the RP's. They sing through some amps and suck donkey balls through others. IMO, YMMV, and all that crap.

The trick with the RPs is pickup height, they have to be one of the most height sensitive pickups I have come across. I have 4 ME1s and have changed out the pickups on a couple (57/08, 53/10 & 59/09 have all been tried) just give different flavors not necessarily better just different, as stated above RPs can sound great with one amp and not so with another (which gives me an issue as I use lots of amps) but if you set the height to match the amp they are pretty amazing, and as Markie said the ME1 is possibly one of the best PRSi out there. That said the ME III with its 3 narrowfields can cover a lot of ground too ;-)

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;178904 said:
Spill it, Schefman.

Haven't made the deal yet, but already the heebee jeebees have started.

Seriously, I need to have something with a trem in the studio, and out of curiosity asked my dealer about it, and he sent me a clip of the thing. It's just got a ton of personality, and it's way different from my McCarty Singlecut.

So it's a definite maybe. ;)

I decided that a 30th Anni CU24 is more my thing this time around.

I predict that you'll absolutely love it. I've had mine now for well over a month and I haven't touched another guitar since. The body, the pickups, the wood, the wiring.... I have no clue why. I always love the guitars I get (wouldn't get them if I didn't...) but this thing kills. Yeah, I know...personal taste and all of that... Still though, this is above and beyond. Are you getting the regular one or the artist? And this from somebody who never really liked CU24s in general. My guess is that there's something about the pickups that makes it different.

"So, where is it?" asks the addict.

"On its way to me soon," says the other addict.

I predict that you'll absolutely love it. I've had mine now for well over a month and I haven't touched another guitar since. The body, the pickups, the wood, the wiring.... I have no clue why. I always love the guitars I get (wouldn't get them if I didn't...) but this thing kills. Yeah, I know...personal taste and all of that... Still though, this is above and beyond. Are you getting the regular one or the artist? And this from somebody who never really liked CU24s in general. My guess is that there's something about the pickups that makes it different.

It's the AP in honey, maple neck, ebony board. I had my dealer do a demo of the pickups and I really like them!

It's funny, my first PRS in 1991 was a CU24, and I haven't had one of that model since '93. So kind of like homecoming! Your beautiful example is one reason I thought it'd be worth checking out!

Last edited:
"On its way to me soon," says the other addict.

It's the AP in honey, maple neck, ebony board. I had my dealer do a demo of the pickups and I really like them!

It's funny, my first PRS in 1991 was a CU24, and I haven't had one of that model since '93. So kind of like homecoming! Your beautiful example is one reason I thought it'd be worth checking out!

So, your back up to 2 prsi?

Back