Modern Eagle V vs Custom 24-08?

shumwow

How does the Modern Eagle V sound compared to a Custom 24? I've got a 35th anniversary CU24 (so I've already got splittable pickups), but I've got bad GAS for a Modern Eagle. I might go play one sometime in the near future, but wondering if anyone here has played both and if they're much different.

I don't have 24-08 with 85/I5 treble and vintage bass TCI version like yours but the MEV pups are total different animals. Must watch videos for sounds and switching of the MEV. see below. It should help you make up your mind. BTW.... MEV is my favorite PRS

Well, I just got my ME V yesterday so take this with that in mind. It is probably the most versatile guitar I've ever owned in terms of a standard electric guitar (piezo and/or Roland pickup equipped guitars obviously offer significantly more potential options). The humbuckers sound great and the single coil tones are the best tapped humbuckers I've heard. Prior to this, I would have said my 594 had the best tapped humbuckers.

The ME V has a big bottom end. The Strat 2 & 4 positions with the pickups tapped sound great. Also, the ME-V has a switch to use 250/500k pots. When you're playing single coils, switching to the 250k takes a bit of the edge off.

The Custom 24 is really a quite different guitar - you've got standard humbuckers, a neck pickup placed closer to the bridge, and no middle pickup.

ha, i just bought my 4th MEV. They’re that good. mine have different woods and it’s interesting to a/b the differences.

My favorite PRS thus far and i have experienced most of the lineup over the last ten years. don’t pass up this model.

Back