Modern Eagle V Experience 2020

BTW you of all people need to get one of these! I would love to read your evaluation of the pick up sounds and tones. You always do such great write ups. Your analysis of pick up tones are second to none. I know you love the tones of 513 and the Special, this model is the icing on the cake.

Thank you - I would so like to add one but as I said, I am in no position to add one right now. The only guitar I could possibly live without would be my 509 as that could be replaced by the MEv but even if I were to trade that, I wouldn't be in a position to buy and I don't want to lose my other guitars to try and raise the funds.

I had tickets to attend Experience this year and had planned to pick up whatever the year's Experience guitar happened to be...missed out on the trip, but I pulled the trigger on the guitar anyway. :) I found a dealer that had one in charcoal with a purple burst wrap. FWIW the same dealer has another with a black burst and black back/neck listed on Reverb. I have no idea why they have the only two non-charcoal/river blue models that I've seen listed today, but I like the personality that it has.

edit: looks like image links dont work, so I'll just put the direct link here

...and now the wait begins.

I agree with the comment about wishing that they had rosewood necks...if I were a wise man I would sell my Custom 24 with a rosewood neck since this should check most of the same boxes, but it will be hard to part with how that guitar feels.

I had tickets to attend Experience this year and had planned to pick up whatever the year's Experience guitar happened to be...missed out on the trip, but I pulled the trigger on the guitar anyway. :) I found a dealer that had one in charcoal with a purple burst wrap. FWIW the same dealer has another with a black burst and black back/neck listed on Reverb. I have no idea why they have the only two non-charcoal/river blue models that I've seen listed today, but I like the personality that it has.

I agree with the comment about wishing that they had rosewood necks...if I were a wise man I would sell my Custom 24 with a rosewood neck since this should check most of the same boxes, but it will be hard to part with how that guitar feels.
I saw that one. It is one of the better looking ones. Congratulations!

I like the black pick-up rings on the PS version a lot more than the white ring on the EXP edition.
What do you guys think?
The PS versions that I have seen have looked amazing. I really like the Slate and Frostbite Glow that are listed on Reverb, so maybe a simple ring swap would make these River Blue and Charcoal ME-Vs more appealing to me.

That’s sweet!

Well I’ve just pulled the trigger on a Charcoal one .... now I just have to wait a week or so for it to come in to the dealership and then shipped to me in Australia ....! It’s going to be a long wait.

Well I’ve just pulled the trigger on a Charcoal one .... now I just have to wait a week or so for it to come in to the dealership and then shipped to me in Australia ....! It’s going to be a long wait.
Awesome!!! You are going to love it !!!! Can’t wait for the NGD post and your evaluation! Congrats!!!

Yeah, the charcoal ones really grabbed my attention as well for some reason. Maybe it's the natural backs, not sure.

So...

Mine arrives on Friday.

:D

Nice! Sorry to see the pink sparkle go.

Me too, but as a studio guy the allure of all those tones outweighs the awesomeness of a stage guitar. The only thing keeping the ME5 from being my dream guitar is the lack of a piezo system.

Maybe PTC can add one??

Me too, but as a studio guy the allure of all those tones outweighs the awesomeness of a stage guitar. The only thing keeping the ME5 from being my dream guitar is the lack of a piezo system.

Maybe PTC can add one??
I hear ya. It’s the practical thing to do

I started to write a post to that effect last night, then self-censored...

Yea I think if it had a crack wood neck I just might go for it. Mostly cause with all the tonal options, I would hope it could unseat a couple of my top PRSi - and I just think my “ultimate” PRS would have a RW neck. Just a personal preference. Plus it’s a ME, it really goes without saying...

Hopefully it will make its way to a Core model and then there will be some WL runs.

Congrats to everyone in this thread going for such an amazing guitar - perhaps the pinnacle of non- PS PRS to date (and that’s saying something). Can’t wait to hear your tone reports!

The rest of us will probably feel really dumb in a couple months when we realize we could have essentially had a private stock instrument for half the price ;)

Just Scored this today should arrive tomorrow .
141670173_2770606669845639_2271858477663582590_o.jpg

Back