Modern Eagle I: RPs vs 57/08s

The RPs in my ME one are outstanding, they are my favorite guitar pickups , they do everything well.

Maybe I am in the minority on the 57/08's but I am not super thrilled about them. They do everything ok and nothing great to me in the heavy tone department. I don't dislike them but I am not totally in love with them either. To their defense, I can admit that they are better than some other pickups I have tried but I am still always questioning them.

I have an RP (bridge) that I bought off 11top years ago and put in an old model CE24. It slays. I love it. It might not have been good in the ME but it kills in the CE.

57/08s blow them away. I have multiple ME1s, and all the RPs are residing in the case pockets. Mine have 59/09s for the most part, though.

Sorry Ralph; you’re a great guy. ;):p
Not all of them! Sell me another one!

I have an RP (bridge) that I bought off 11top years ago and put in an old model CE24. It slays. I love it. It might not have been good in the ME but it kills in the CE.

Not all of them! Sell me another one!

Sorry, but even though I’m not a fan, I have to keep them with my ME1s.

Resurrecting this necro-thread for a couple of reasons:
1) @sergiodeblanc said above that he wanted another pair of RP pickups
2) Even though these pickups seem kinda rare, they also seem to be priced reasonably, at least compared to the 57/08s and the 59/09s

(not affiliated)

I remember when RP pickups came out and a lot of people thinking, at the time, that they were great. So to my thinking, they must not totally suck and some folks probably think they're great. I've never tried them, but based on previous threads from people whose opinion I value, I wouldn't mind checking them out, if I didn't have to spend several hundred to do so.

Well damn. I've been wanting this for a long time but I just sold the two guitars that I would've considered swapping them into.

I still have the RPs in my 2005 ME1 that I bought new in 2006. I’ve been playing it a lot lately. I like the overall tonal balance of the guitar which is snappy and warm with a strong lower mid presence. I think if I had a strong desire to change the sound and knew what changes I’d want I’d be inclined to try other pickups.

hi,
i had back in the days a PRScu22 artist with indian rosewood neck and 57/08 pups factory set. My memory is that i felt them harsh, thin and without balls. I changed for bkp crawler at that time.
I nouw have at home, since 1 week a ME1, with the RP pickups. I can honestly say that it is absolutly fantastic. tight clear bass, but with "umpf" like a LP custom. very articulate, and note shrilly in the e and b strings
i made A/B comparison with LP custom and ESP horizon CS. And this RP pickups will never leave this guitar

I have the original RPs in the case of my 04 ME, switched out for a 57/08 bridge and a 53/10 neck. I love how that sounds but have been thinking about putting the originals back in…

I Was Restringing One Of My ME II's And Noticed The Pickups In This Guitar Are Listed On The Tag As ME II's. This Particular Guitar Has The Suede Case And Not The Paisley Case Like My Others.

I Was Restringing One Of My ME II's And Noticed The Pickups In This Guitar Are Listed On The Tag As ME II's. This Particular Guitar Has The Suede Case And Not The Paisley Case Like My Others.

FWIW, my ME1 also sleeps in a suede case.

Back