Modern Eagle I polishing

Base6

Guitar Addict
Hi!

I have a great ME1 that is starting shine is a number of obvious areas. To gloss it out completely, could I simply take 2000 and then 4000 grid sandpaper to sand it and buff that out by hand with some polishing compound (or non gel type tooth paste)?

I have done that plenty for spot repairs.
Or is there something in the finish that will keep it from turning into a high gloss? Have the poures all been filled?

Thanks for the help,

Michiel

There have been a few who just took a polishing compound like McGuires and buffed it out. Pretty decent results, too!

I Agree with JMintzer... just get some OTC polishing compound and skip any sanding. 4000 grit could be enough to burn through if you're heavy-handed enough.

I Agree with JMintzer... just get some OTC polishing compound and skip any sanding. 4000 grit could be enough to burn through if you're heavy-handed enough.

Agreed. I'm that guy that puts on several extra coats when I do a body just to make sure though as a sand through is a real bummer :)

All I have are afters.

Ironically, I’m not a fan of satin, but have more satin MEs than gloss. o_O

Those are amazing looking Eagles... I am not a fan of satin either, but I wanted nitro... I did call PRS and Shawn said they spray gloss over it. I would do it myself as I spray guitars, but since it is a ME, if I do it, I will let them do it for me.

When I pickup a Brazilian Singlecut, I will eventually strip it and spray it myself!

Back