Modern Eagle 5 EXP LTD

I know - "to each their own" but for me less is more. Even with my P24, in the heat of battle, the switch is too close to the knobs to move quickly. I find I never use the split features that much either.

This might be a good recording or sitting at home playing guitar but FOR ME I would not want to play out with it.

It is not uncommon for PRS to release a limited PS new model run, followed by the ability to order that model in PS only, followed by a limited AP run at Experience....and eventually a core run (if it proves to be popular). The 408 and 594 both followed this release pattern. Looks like the MEV is going a similar route.

That pattern makes sense to gradually gauge interest at different price points, but I tend to assume 'limited' means something very different. It's really only limited in the sense of offering it to the general public without needing to special order one.

I only started getting into PRS couple years (my wallet isn't thanking me for that by the way), and I recall spec'ing a HBII 594 Private Stock exactly like (except the neck shape) the 'limited' run they were still selling in 2018. That eventually made it into a limited core release.

I suppose really limited models would be the Dragons, and specific inlays like the Graveyard II (heck they wouldn't even allow using a purple to red glow color on a PS build as it was deemed 'too close' to the GY2's finish...)

I believe that it turns on the humbuckers - you still can choose whether the humbuckers are split or full but you just activate them. The 5 way switch is much like the 509 - Bridge, Bridge & Middle, Middle, Middle & Neck, Neck so in position 1 and 5, pulling up on that tone pot will give you both humbuckers (its still up to you whether that's HH, HS, SH or SS with the toggle switches) and in positions 2,3 & 4, you get ALL pick ups active at once. So if you in position 3, it turns on both humbuckers and in position 2 and 4, turns on the 'other' humbucker - again you still have the choice as to whether you get the 'full' humbucker or split based on the toggle switch position(s). That gives you another 4 options - HSH, HSS, SSS, SSH.

The MEv has 17 different pickup selection options - the same 9 as a 509, the extra 4 with the 'double humbucker' (tone pot up - position 1 or 5) and the other 4 from ALL pick-ups (tone pot up position 2,3 & 4). That is then doubled to 34 by switching between 250k or 500k - the same 17 pick up selections with either 250k or 500k...
You covered that perfectly. I always like your posts, detailed and informative. :cool:

Wh
I want one and this is a placeholder for my 'pending' NGD. It will happen.

200 will be made so save your placeholder (below). :)

i-kM3NNwj-X3.png
Where are they? I am going to start being a whiny itch soon if I don’t get an update. Mostly I want to know if this a $10K+ version or a $5Kish version. Do I need to sell sht or buy a Paul’s Guitar with a trem and add my own single coil middle pickup?
I have asked a couple of dealers and they act like they don’t know what I’m talking about.

Crickets

I wish they'd hurry up, though. I'm trying not to buy something else right now in hopes of hearing more about this.

Crickets

I wish they'd hurry up, though. I'm trying not to buy something else right now in hopes of hearing more about this.

“Dealers now accepting deposits” was really all I needed to hear about these.

“Dealers now accepting deposits” was really all I needed to hear about these.

Me too but I'm having second thoughts about that choice now. I might move my deposit back to a very special Wood Library run from Brian expected to come in around September. If I do someone will surely be happy to be able to get a charcoal MEV.

I am going to take this as a sign that the time is near. If other Experience guitars are starting to come out, the ME-Vs might not be far behind.

https://reverb.com/item/34530700-prs-594-sc-2020-experience-ltd-custom-color-red

Honestly, River Blue and Charcoal are both colors that usually don’t appeal to me, but every once in a while you see one that looks great. I am sure they will come out looking good.

Back