Modern Eagle 5 EXP LTD

Huh! I'd have guessed (based on no actual experience) that you were a "humbuckers full up" kind of guy, but maybe I should think a little harder about the single-coil leanings of the favored guitars you've posted...

I increasingly find myself in the long-scale/single-coil camp and I rarely use the treble pickup by itself. On the flip-side, my HB with early (non-engraved) 57/08's is still as close to perfect as any guitar I've ever player.

So who the hell knows. :confused:

I don't understand how "activates humbuckers" works with "coil splits".

I believe that it turns on the humbuckers - you still can choose whether the humbuckers are split or full but you just activate them. The 5 way switch is much like the 509 - Bridge, Bridge & Middle, Middle, Middle & Neck, Neck so in position 1 and 5, pulling up on that tone pot will give you both humbuckers (its still up to you whether that's HH, HS, SH or SS with the toggle switches) and in positions 2,3 & 4, you get ALL pick ups active at once. So if you in position 3, it turns on both humbuckers and in position 2 and 4, turns on the 'other' humbucker - again you still have the choice as to whether you get the 'full' humbucker or split based on the toggle switch position(s). That gives you another 4 options - HSH, HSS, SSS, SSH.

The MEv has 17 different pickup selection options - the same 9 as a 509, the extra 4 with the 'double humbucker' (tone pot up - position 1 or 5) and the other 4 from ALL pick-ups (tone pot up position 2,3 & 4). That is then doubled to 34 by switching between 250k or 500k - the same 17 pick up selections with either 250k or 500k...

I want one and this is a placeholder for my 'pending' NGD. It will happen.

200 will be made so save your placeholder (below). :)

i-kM3NNwj-X3.png

Here’s my placeholder. Only question is will I get one of these before the MEV PS I have in the oven.

Here’s my placeholder. Only question is will I get one of these before the MEV PS I have in the oven.
Meaning one of Brian's Guitars Private Stock MEVs slated for this summer (probably Fall now, realistically) ? Each of the 4-5 he spec'd last summer are quite unique, was looking at those earlier this morning (just before reserving the experience MEV).

Meaning one of Brian's Guitars Private Stock MEVs slated for this summer (probably Fall now, realistically) ? Each of the 4-5 he spec'd last summer are quite unique, was looking at those earlier this morning (just before reserving the experience MEV).

Brian spec’d 4 for the store for BG’s Anniversary this Summer...he was nice enough to let me hijack the 5th build for some personal specs I wanted...because he’s a great guy!

Brian spec’d 4 for the store for BG’s Anniversary this Summer...he was nice enough to let me hijack the 5th build for some personal specs I wanted...because he’s a great guy!

He is a great guy.

And because you've bought enough to pay for the move to the new building.

Every word of this is true.

The store that minitoggles built.

This should obviously be on a shirt.

Seems plausible :D (saw an IG post from Brian not too long ago showing a very fine wall of exquisite looking axes).

On a side note do any of you know if the same pickups could be used on a PS build ? Not necessarily with the same switching as the MEV (it's a little bit too much), but I'm thinking 5-way + either mini toggles or a single push pull to split coils.

On a side note do any of you know if the same pickups could be used on a PS build ? Not necessarily with the same switching as the MEV (it's a little bit too much), but I'm thinking 5-way + either mini toggles or a single push pull to split coils.

They are taking orders for PS MEVs, so I’d guess one with simpler switching options would be allowed.

They are taking orders for PS MEVs, so I’d guess one with simpler switching options would be allowed.
Now I'm confused, I assumed Brian's builds counted towards the 120 limited cap given the timing of his builds and his listing description.
If the PS team is still allowing orders with the same pickups and same exact control layout then the only thing limited about the 120 PS MEV would be their limited specs (no deviation except for the finish) ?

To my knowledge this is the first time a member of this forum has ever implied (however subtly), that another member is buying too many guitars.

The only implication in my statement is that you've bought just enough guitars. Just enough to pay for Brian to move.

Now, if you want his wife and kids to eat...

Now I'm confused, I assumed Brian's builds counted towards the 120 limited cap given the timing of his builds and his listing description.
If the PS team is still allowing orders with the same pickups and same exact control layout then the only thing limited about the 120 PS MEV would be their limited specs (no deviation except for the finish) ?

It is not uncommon for PRS to release a limited PS new model run, followed by the ability to order that model in PS only, followed by a limited AP run at Experience....and eventually a core run (if it proves to be popular). The 408 and 594 both followed this release pattern. Looks like the MEV is going a similar route.

It is not uncommon for PRS to release a limited PS new model run, followed by the ability to order that model in PS only, followed by a limited AP run at Experience....and eventually a core run (if it proves to be popular). The 408 and 594 both followed this release pattern. Looks like the MEV is going a similar route.
Exactly the pattern of a successful new guitar.

The Signature followed this model. I ordered a custom one before the 100 guitar run was completed and was advised that mine would have to wait behind the original run. I changed the body shape to a Santana and got it a few weeks after the 100 found their way to dealers.

Back