Modern Eagle 1, in search of soul mate...

DaveDaveDave

BLUF, I'm looking for a PRS that *feels* like my ME1, but sounds drastically different, providing me with a wider sonic palette. I love playing *all* styles of music, and I'd love if I could play them all half decently one day, and I find that different guitars pull my playing style in different directions. Since I got the Eagle, it's helped me to drastically improve my sound and my playing, and I want to keep moving in that direction. I'd really appreciate all the input from y'all on what options I should consider!

I had been thinking of a satin CE24 or even an S2, until my wife decided she wanted to gift me the next guitar of my dreams (i.e., bigger budget!) - so of course, I have to seize this opportunity.

I *LOVE* the ME1's BRW neck, and am thinking plain old IRW will do. ;) That papery feel that never sticks or drags is a requirement. I'm also thinking that satin finished neck would do me fine, but I don't think that I could do a pattern-thin or wide thin, so that thins out the possibilities a bunch. I don't *need* to break the bank - and will probably get a "stunt-double" S2 at some point... but I'm not aware of non-core models that have thicker, satin or unfinished necks. Are there any?

I definitely want a trem - something I hardly ever use use, but again - broadening my palette. I was thinking of a Pauls Guitar, but that model is rarely ever found with a trem.

So, I think that I've narrowed my search down to a 408 Semi-Hollow Wood Library, or possibly a 509 or 513. I've never played one, but the sounds that I'm hearing on YouTube are fantastic, and I think that the pickups sound a lot different than the ME1.

Can anyone here compare and contrast the sounds of the 408 vs the ME1? How different does it sound compared to the RP pickups and wraparound bridge of

Anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks y'all!

Hmmm... 513. Thinking on it, and listening to clips. It sure sounds different.
The 509 is interesting too, but I’m not finding any rosewood necks out there.

keep the ideas coming folks. Thanks!

WRT the SSH, how different are the hum bucket sounds from the mainline core models? From the ME1?

I have both a 408 and an ME I. The 408s are my favorite of all the PRS pickups. They sound good through anything. Middle position with the front pickup in single coil makes cleans to die for. I think it would compliment your ME nicely.

Back