Models or variants you wish PRS had available

I’d like a Hollowbody 2 with 25.5” scale. Also some finishes/wood grains that aren’t so fancy instead of birds eye, flame, etc. A work horse guitar USA made

Well, since I posted, someone in the industry told me that it's all PRS can do to keep up with current orders, and so "it will be a while" before PRS does a lefty Silver Sky, if ever. I'm glad that PRS has the work. A company that maintains their level of quality deserves all the business they get. But at my age there's only so much waiting I can comfortably do. So I'll have to be content with my lefty 2012 CU24 (a superb guitar in its own right, to be sure) and look forward to the newly-offered lefty Ibanez Prestige AZ2402 that I now have on pre-order.

Full hollow body SE single cut with just the upper F hole, same 24.5 scale length & the wrap around bridge on the Zack Myers, both 58/15s & P90 soapbar versions please...

McTrem’s with 57/08’s or P90’s. I like the McSwitching, but two 408/Siggy style mini switches would work too.

509 Swamp Ash.

Affordable core Angelus.

1. CE24 with core components and solid rosewood neck option
2. Neck-Thru CU24 with 25.5 inch scale and and a 10-16 compound radius FB.

I’d love a CE-24 with a middle single could pickup, and a super switch. I’d also dig a Piezo option, but I’m probably in the minority.

I’d love a CE-24 with a middle single could pickup, and a super switch. I’d also dig a Piezo option, but I’m probably in the minority.

Track down an old Swamp Ash Special. Bolt-on, H-S-H (with the best, smooth neck pup outside of the 53/10), and maple or rosewood fretboards!

It's amazing how many of the wishes in this thread have existed, but didn't sell well enough to stick around. I agree with so many of them, especially a Santana-shaped Special. The Mira 25th Anni had soapbars. I loved my Mira, but both soapy versions I played were dull.

Maple SS now exist! Maybe that lefty is just around the corner!

For jazz(-ish), track down an old 90s spruce topped Archtop, or a more recent SC HB II and swap the pups.

And, yes, unless the guitar is black (and even then make it an option), get rid of black backs!

And bring back winged tuners!

Back