Models or variants you wish PRS had available

rpoce24

Just curious which body shapes or pickup combinations you wish PRS had available, but are not offered or currently offered. Some ideas....

1. S2 model with soapbars, kinda the LP junior double cut vibe.
2. SE variant of the Silver Sky.

Sure there are many more, just a few I would like to see.

I wish they would stop playing around so much with the finishes. I wish they still had a few that they got rid of. Like blood orange, boyd burst, and autumn sky (not as an artist pack)

Semi-hollow with two soapbars, McCarty chassis probably.
Personally I'd like to have a dedicated jazz guitar from PRS. Not "anything can be used with enough tweaking" but targeted specifically at jazz players.

Not so much a model variant, but a finish variation. I like how mahogany looks and it pains me when I see a back being covered with a black non-transparent finish.

I wish there was a variant of the Faded Whale Blue with a medium dark transparent brown or a deep dark burgundy back, similar to a dark back gold top Les Paul.

At some point I might send my 2017 Faded Whale Ted McCarty to PCT to get that transparent back finish goodness. While they’re at it, I might as well upgrade the finish to nitro and get the LT pickups (2020 specs with the 2017 hardware).

Id like to see more bolt-ons like a 22 fret S2 or even an SE possibly, I really like the feel of a bolt on and snap!

Silver sky SE. I’d love it of the hollow body SEs came with a wide thin neck. I guess I’ll just have to buy the SE semi hollow.

Not so much a model variant, but a finish variation. I like how mahogany looks and it pains me when I see a back being covered with a black non-transparent finish.

I wish there was a variant of the Faded Whale Blue with a medium dark transparent brown or a deep dark burgundy back, similar to a dark back gold top Les Paul.

At some point I might send my 2017 Faded Whale Ted McCarty to PCT to get that transparent back finish goodness. While they’re at it, I might as well upgrade the finish to nitro and get the LT pickups (2020 specs with the 2017 hardware).
My 2011 cu24 has transparent blue on the back. I like being able to see the grain too.

Back