Modding my Standard 22

Niles Lewis

new to the forum and to PRS in general. I had a DGT a year ago I played a lot that I regrettably sold and now just grabbed a Standard 22 for dirt cheap.

I do not dig the pickups so will be swapping those. Do they need to be F spaced or will any buckers fit? I want to put Gibson style reflector knobs (new pickups will have nickel covers, the reflectors will look great. Guitar is black satin finish). Will the reflectors fit without any issue? Will also be putting the faux bone tuners on. I’ll post before and after pics eventually.

Any help/advice is much appreciated. Thanks!

Any buckers should fit. Short leg would be better. Some of the long legs are too long for the cavity. Not sure about the reflectors.

Welcome to the forum!

Mine is in the works.

The stock #7s are ok, but I want more! It will have a Dimarzio D-Activator X set. In place of coil splits, mine will have a parallel-series switch and just let a humbucker be a humbucker. I haven't been a fan of those splits. I will skip the tone pot in favor of a push pull vol pot that would engage a tone switch.

Another knob question... will the original knobs fit a US pot?

Thanks for the replies. I am going with some F spaced Suhr buckers for now, they will fit fine. I am just gonna buy some reflector knobs from all parts and try to fit them on.

Back