MODCAT Decoders

Does anybody know how I can get the modcat updated? My custom 22 artist incorrectly states it has a wide fat neck. The hang tag states pattern regular and it's definitely a regular not a wide fat.

Hi all, just looking for some advice/help.

I've bought a DGT, it's an excellent guitar and the MODCAT is as follows:

DGM2F-HHICT_AW_NO-OO

Only weird thing is it doesn't recognise neck carve H, and inlay C. Can anyone help with advice on what they might be?!

Thanks in advance :)

The neck carve will definitely be DGT. It’s unique to that model.

MODCAT isn't a public or official spec, it's only supposed to be used internally for tracking the guitars through manufacturing.

So it's quite common that the values vary without explanation. We have just reverse-engineered it for our purposes. Expect irregularities.

https://dchandlerp.github.io/ModCatDecoder/
I've got it hosted on GitHub (popular repository for sharing code).

If you know how to program, have some time, and use some of the modcodes here that don't work to test, you can contribute by submitting a pull request: https://github.com/DChandlerP/ModCatDecoder
I am not signed up on github, but covered a few MODCAT exceptions in a recent thread. Maybe it can help fill some blanks.
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/594-soapbar-modcat.42456/

noice. I noticed on my guitar modcat it doesnt recognize C8 as a model. assuming its just cause its newer 24-08?

I purchased a brand new CU 24 in the early 90's and can't find paperwork. Not selling it, I just would like to know specs on the guitar. All I can get simply of course is the serial number off back of headstock. Any way to find specs: Z63531. thanks

I purchased a brand new CU 24 in the early 90's and can't find paperwork. Not selling it, I just would like to know specs on the guitar. All I can get simply of course is the serial number off back of headstock. Any way to find specs: Z63531. thanks
MODCATs weren’t used that far back. An email to PRS support would be my first move. It’ll take a while under the current situation, so give them time.

Last edited:
MODCATs were used that far back. An email to PRS support would be my first move. It’ll take a while under the current situation, so give them time.

I was thinking same. Seems like they could dig it up pretty quickly. Thanks much.

That would be 2 63531, which indicates a guitar from 2002. You can find out more by taking out the bridge pickup and looking at the bottom of the rout. Guitars from 2000 or so onward will have the MODCAT label and earlier guitars will have some details written in pen.

Looking at getting a nice singlecut, but the MODCAT's style ("N7...") isn't recognized by the decoder, although everything else is there and fits with the seller's descritption. Any ideas?

MODCAT: N7M2FAHFBPS_BM_G7-77
20200711-074858.jpg

Back