MODCAT Decoders

wRrduh.jpg

Modcat question , hey everyone, I'm new here so here comes all the questions you've answered 100000 times ! I have no idea how to post my number so maybe you guy's can help decipher it . lol .. number is pscmtbtfg, this is a 2000 singlecut , ten top , birds , kluson style tuners , #7 pickups .....thanks any help is appreciated , till I can get bearings on here......

Hello everyone , thanks for the add......I'm Jerry and I own a 2000 singlecut...my go to guitar .

Modcat question , hey everyone, I'm new here so here comes all the questions you've answered 100000 times ! I have no idea how to post my number so maybe you guy's can help decipher it . lol .. number is pscmtbtfg, this is a 2000 singlecut , ten top , birds , kluson style tuners , #7 pickups .....thanks any help is appreciated , till I can get bearings on here......

That isn't a MODCAT number. 2000 is right around when the system started, so yours might pre-date it. If you do have one, the MODCAT will be in the bridge pickup rout and they used stick a label with it on the case.

That isn't a MODCAT number. 2000 is right around when the system started, so yours might pre-date it. If you do have one, the MODCAT will be in the bridge pickup rout and they used stick a label with it on the case.
This is the number on the tag, that is on the case......looked under the pickup !, item number is

SCM2F THF IBS -VS - N7^77

Last edited:
Your MODCAT is

SCM2FTHFIBS_VS_N7-77

and means

Model: Singlecut
Top Wood: Maple
Frets: 22
Top Spec: Figured
Top Grade: Ten Top
Neck Wood: Mahogany
Neck Carve: Pattern (Wide/Fat)
Fingerboard Wood: East Indian Rosewood
Inlay: Original Solid Birds (pre-2008)
Bridge: Straight Stoptail
Color: Vintage Sunburst
Hardware: Nickel
Treble Pickup: PRS 7
Middle Pickup: none
Bass Pickup: PRS 7
Electronics: Singlecut

Hope that helps!

Your MODCAT is

SCM2FTHFIBS_VS_N7-77

and means

Model: Singlecut
Frets: 22
Top Spec: Figured
Top Grade: Ten Top
Neck Carve: Pattern (Wide/Fat)
Fingerboard Wood: East Indian Rosewood
Inlay: Original Solid Birds (pre-2008)
Bridge: Straight Stoptail
Color: Vintage Sunburst
Treble Pickup: PRS 7
Bass Pickup: PRS 7
Electronics: Singlecut

Hope that helps!
Stoptail 22 , Thanks so much , great information, appreciate your time !

Hey fellas, I cannot locate my MOD CAT see below. My guitar is a Wood Library CU24 Floyd.

That same ITEM number: WL0805_U3 appears on a sticker on the back of the hang tag.

Any Ideas?

0RELEhKSXPt01HSUn-en8unBqr32fyMEtUUCaVq7tDTWn36zBy6MhpymTdAJN95-QwoaXt8VlMXqZExX1UBJr-FwMWxMFYQQTpVJX4ZzYIPYRFEtvwYRpyc73caTvaM3TSYGz6UmWmB1TjvjfGAauHX-HNAM_EYbwMeAbgYMG11DVgZWOYORimXpPeGluuhgrzUNNQ53TazL413LnnnEt-igdsRXuvJ3Mjlf-MtpI8tRW-PK9FPThcr2LaGCf3JhHcfze2HY3lKp8K4Hsvt-qst-3b5A7FSa4j8niqO7aVXP0toU_B2vf4rwPE4eYgpYhUDlJPYlEbly0AuppnUfAHXjPA4G5SjKZhRpFeonlVxTKx5Yb2_JA6stuGxrnqrSJ9RamnwJTqMfMxGioNq55DEY7azZMm-kuHcyuQgrl-EXRv-R_raenJsUtxNt_dot1fpYrPRLOp8ALRQGZ_Xa6yKmaCIdb7vDMf7dFUJBR0kGT_UR9uNlhDsT0sROUDfRUTNnrleufxz8WQly6n1HVNpRmEVYwOjYV10DaxlHx9Ua5KCUwONsNwNlPpdizHeo5Z7n5nrkw9DvnZBze1GniTG63ArEPXS8gFM6MmdC=w894-h671-no

Hey fellas, I cannot locate my MOD CAT see below. My guitar is a Wood Library CU24 Floyd.

That same ITEM number: WL0805_U3 appears on a sticker on the back of the hang tag.

Any Ideas?

0RELEhKSXPt01HSUn-en8unBqr32fyMEtUUCaVq7tDTWn36zBy6MhpymTdAJN95-QwoaXt8VlMXqZExX1UBJr-FwMWxMFYQQTpVJX4ZzYIPYRFEtvwYRpyc73caTvaM3TSYGz6UmWmB1TjvjfGAauHX-HNAM_EYbwMeAbgYMG11DVgZWOYORimXpPeGluuhgrzUNNQ53TazL413LnnnEt-igdsRXuvJ3Mjlf-MtpI8tRW-PK9FPThcr2LaGCf3JhHcfze2HY3lKp8K4Hsvt-qst-3b5A7FSa4j8niqO7aVXP0toU_B2vf4rwPE4eYgpYhUDlJPYlEbly0AuppnUfAHXjPA4G5SjKZhRpFeonlVxTKx5Yb2_JA6stuGxrnqrSJ9RamnwJTqMfMxGioNq55DEY7azZMm-kuHcyuQgrl-EXRv-R_raenJsUtxNt_dot1fpYrPRLOp8ALRQGZ_Xa6yKmaCIdb7vDMf7dFUJBR0kGT_UR9uNlhDsT0sROUDfRUTNnrleufxz8WQly6n1HVNpRmEVYwOjYV10DaxlHx9Ua5KCUwONsNwNlPpdizHeo5Z7n5nrkw9DvnZBze1GniTG63ArEPXS8gFM6MmdC=w894-h671-no

Wood Library models don’t use the MODCAT system.

Hello, my guitar is a 2016 McCarty 10-Top Limited Edition.
The fretboard is gaboon ebony with matching headstock.
Pickups are the 58/15TM.
Color is the rare Charcoal Blue Burst.
The serial # is (16 233324).
The MODCAT is (MCM2FTHFEBA_CE_H6-6M).
Thank you very much for working hard on the MODCATS and I hope to have one for mine one day!

PRS CE24 (Faded Grey Black Cherry Burst Satin):

As it didn't come with a case I guess it's that part on the sticker on the gig bag:
<serial number> E4TBC3_GE_NSN_-NE

Model: Could not find Model 'E4'
Top Wood: Could not find Top Wood 'T'
Frets: Could not find Frets 'B'
Top Spec: Could not find Top Spec 'C'
Top Grade: Could not find Top Grade '3'
Neck Wood: Could not find Neck Wood '_'
Neck Carve: Grissom
Fingerboard Wood: Gaboon Ebony
Inlay: Could not find Inlay '_'
Bridge: Could not find Bridge 'N'
Color: Slate/Natural Back
Treble Pickup: 12 String
Middle Pickup: Could not find Middle Pickup 'undefined'
Bass Pickup: Could not find Bass Pickup 'undefined'
Electronics: Could not find Electronics 'undefined'

The whole scheme looks somewhat different to what I've seen here so far...

Here's the details:
http://www.prsguitarseurope.com/2017/05/2017-limited-edition-satin-nitro-ce-models/

Or is only input needed from models up to 2013?

Typed mine in the automatic decoder to give it a whirl. Thought the info might be useful in case someone wanted to update the information.
Artist Package Custom 24-08. 85/15 MT pickups, Gen 3 trem. Everything else is accurate.

C8M4FAHTEA3_MK_HU-U4

Model: Could not find Model 'C8'
Frets: 24
Top Spec: Figured Maple
Top Grade: Artist
Neck Carve: Pattern/Thin (Wide/Thin)
Fingerboard Wood: Gaboon Ebony
Inlay: Artist Package Birds
Bridge: Could not find Bridge '3'
Color: Makena Blue
Hardware: Hybrid (Nickel and Gold)
Treble Pickup: Could not find Treble Pickup 'U'
Bass Pickup: Could not find Bass Pickup 'U'
Electronics: 408

Hmmmmmm......The link in the original post can't seem to decode my model. It can get everything except for the "CB" in the beginning. I am assuming it is just "Custom Briazilian"....but the decoder doesn't come up with it.

qbtwlttrqmqzvgdrs4yk.jpg

I'd be interested in updating the modcat decoder. The codes themselves don't work so well for my 594 Soapbar and I've already spent some time last night updating the code on the site to use ES6 style Javascript. Should I start from this thread, start a new one or?

I must have signed up for this forum years ago but this is my first post here. I have the same username on TGP, AGF, TDPRI, Strat-talk, and possibly some of the Ibanez forums.

Back