Mod Wars: A PTC Story - Part I

Johnny Rigs

"Hold on to your butts" - Samuel L Jackson
Yesterday I finally sent off a trusty 'ol PRS to the good folks on Log Canoe Circle. Thanks again @Shawn@PRS for your assistance.

I was at a crossroads with my 2006 CE-22 Standard: either sell it and get something else, or modify it to what I want. I bought a superstrat style guitar last month to see if that could replace it (clue #1). Nope, and the idea of listing my CE feels like trying to push two opposing magnets together. So I'm selling the superstrat and turning my PRS into what I really want.

I hemmed and hawed long enough, looking for ways to maybe save some coin. But I decided there's no group of people I trust more to do the whole job than the PTC team. Time to act. And then wait.... 12 week estimated turnaround, lol.

Here's the guitar stock:

wJjQCWa.jpg

So, any guesses as to what I might be having done? There's actually 3 clues in this photo:

christopher_lloyd_back_future_190829_g6gk8r0cpr

This should be enough to get the ideas rolling... I need to think of a prize.

I'll get the ball rolling....

Stainless steel frets?
Not this time around. I should've cropped the DeLorean out more, lol.

If it doesn't get a flux capacitor I'll be extremely disappointed...
Haha! Well, it will be getting some sort of capacitor, and there may be flux involved in the process... Half-credit?

Oh man, a Dupont Copper CE 22 is on my list. I wouldn't sell it either!

Ok, lets figure this out:

1. Back to the Future ... BLACK to the Future - You are going to have it painted Black!
2. Christopher Lloyd played the Dr. in BttF and was also in a show. called Taxi, there was a character in it called Latka Gravas, who was played by Andy Kaufman. Andy used to do an act where he would surprise the audience with an Elvis Presley song. Elvis famously played a Gibson acoustic guitar. Gibson made Humbucker pickups famous. So you'll be putting a Gibson inspired 57/08 pickup in the guitar! Simple really.
3. Lloyd -> Floyd - You are going to put a Stoptail Bridge on it. (or maybe a Floyd Rose, the jury is out on this one)

Hahaha, you guys are awesome~

Oh man, a Dupont Copper CE 22 is on my list. I wouldn't sell it either!

Ok, lets figure this out:

1. Back to the Future ... BLACK to the Future - You are going to have it painted Black!
2. Christopher Lloyd played the Dr. in BttF and was also in a show. called Taxi, there was a character in it called Latka Gravas, who was played by Andy Kaufman. Andy used to do an act where he would surprise the audience with an Elvis Presley song. Elvis famously played a Gibson acoustic guitar. Gibson made Humbucker pickups famous. So you'll be putting a Gibson inspired 57/08 pickup in the guitar! Simple really.
3. Lloyd -> Floyd - You are going to put a Stoptail Bridge on it. (or maybe a Floyd Rose, the jury is out on this one)

I like the way you think. Really drilling down into the clues. No stone unturned. #3 is on the right track.

Hmm....back for a 2nd try. Doc Brown's hair is shaggy and white.....white shag finish a-la ZZ Top
The hair is absolutely a clue.

A third pickup? And a Floyd?
Half way there.

Floyd Rose and a pearl white paint job??
Dang! Wait, has someone been searching my previous posts???

There's one more clue in the photo for the cherry on top. That sure is a nice colored jacket the Doc is wearing - very rich looking...

Yesterday I finally sent off a trusty 'ol PRS to the good folks on Log Canoe Circle. Thanks again @Shawn@PRS for your assistance.

I was at a crossroads with my 2006 CE-22 Standard: either sell it and get something else, or modify it to what I want. I bought a superstrat style guitar last month to see if that could replace it (clue #1). Nope, and the idea of listing my CE feels like trying to push two opposing magnets together. So I'm selling the superstrat and turning my PRS into what I really want.

I hemmed and hawed long enough, looking for ways to maybe save some coin. But I decided there's no group of people I trust more to do the whole job than the PTC team. Time to act. And then wait.... 12 week estimated turnaround, lol.

Here's the guitar stock:

wJjQCWa.jpg

So, any guesses as to what I might be having done? There's actually 3 clues in this photo:

christopher_lloyd_back_future_190829_g6gk8r0cpr

This should be enough to get the ideas rolling... I need to think of a prize.

Is it gonna be “Doc Brown”?!:rolleyes:

Back