Mod suggestion?

Andy80

I'm wondering how y'all might mod an SC 245. It's got the original pickups in it, which I don't like.

I'd be looking for a more vintage sound. I'm thinking 57/08's. Should the one piece bridge be replaced, or could it? Perhaps a 594-type conversion? What about the tuners? Or is this all just folly and i should buy a new guitar?

PRSsc245-156022_1.jpg

If you can find a pair of 53/10s go with them. They're very PAFish, more so than the 57/08s IMO, but again, are no longer made and hard to find.

And leave that perfect bridge alone!

Beautiful guitar BTW!

I'm with the others on the 57/08. As for the wrap around; if you feel you need to change it, go with the MannMade 2300 with adjustable saddles, or the Paul's Guitar bridge that was mentioned above. And, just cuz I'm lazy, locking tuners of some type. You can find Kluson Vintage style tuners that would be a direct fit, with the locking either on top, or on the back.

That’s a beautiful guitar! I’d leave it as is and get a nice 594 to compliment it :)

Yeah, the pickup upgrade will make that guitar wonderful. No need to change a stoptail bridge, IMHO. I still kinda like 'em better than the 2-piece on the 594s.

I totally dig it as is, but agree with the 57/08 pups. I might also look at swapping tuners (I don't personally like Klusons). Leave the stoptail. They are awesome.

Back