Mod a Vela

CJA76

I love the shape and feel of the Vela, but I'm not a fan of the bridge. Has anyone replaced the bridge with a
PRS Patented Tremolo, Molded? I know they have a S2 VR (Vernon Reid) Vela, but I don't need the Floyd Rose trem. I may want to swap the bridge pickup with a \M/ Pickup later on. Any thoughts?

Do it.

I keep wondering when they'll make a Vela with Custom specs. The VR is in that direction, but I'm not a Floyd fan either.

I wonder if @John Mann has a bridge solution for the Vela that meets your needs?

You’d have to route for a trem, which is beyond my desire to mod. There are other fixed bridges out there, by none that I’d replace for the Vela bridge. Babicz comes to mind, which I have on a Tele, but it’s no PRS.

Id love to see a Vela with a adjustable stop tail or a PRS trem system.

Please do it PRS, it would sell i think. Those oddball tones, would become even more oddball for me, and I like a oddball here and there.

y3mKjZy3z2sjjcxpuF47ZXvS5I9UxABwteOibjVKoCxZFij55Nx7vt3KBQkWEA1EYVfdRxIV0ANff1R21M_HTk-4_ArYV_ac7opFMAxOfoMTSXzIc9HhKXYkfwc6_O_xhJvmqFEPSOa5OKGXEgh1Jhex8MmQTw0HkyjjKqwoCzHaSU

I've been very satisfied with these...

What do you think of the bridge humbucker? Does it work for hard rock or metal?
It can. Generally speaking, it’s not what most metal players would go for, but if you feed it into a JCM800 with the gain and master cranked, it rocks the sh*t out of the room! Might want to back down the tone a bit. I’ll admit that I’m considering putting a vintage PAF in it, but not because the Starla pup doesn’t rock. It’s a very versatile pickup.

It can. Generally speaking, it’s not what most metal players would go for, but if you feed it into a JCM800 with the gain and master cranked, it rocks the sh*t out of the room! Might want to back down the tone a bit. I’ll admit that I’m considering putting a vintage PAF in it, but not because the Starla pup doesn’t rock. It’s a very versatile pickup.
Ok. Have you tried any alternate tunings, I.e. CGCGCE?

Back