Moc Sand... What color is it really?

crab

I’ve been looking at the Silver Sky, and have been interested in the Moc Sand color. However, I’m really confused about what the color really looks like. The official PRS photos looks to be a pretty “warm” gray, looks like a nice sand beach color. But in many other photos and videos, can look very “cool” gray, not sand color at all. Sometime within a video, when they switch camera angles, it turns from warm to cool gray.

Here is image from PRS, vs Sweetwater:

silver_sky_2019_moc_sand.jpg
0298528-front-medium.jpg

I have never seen the moc sand in real life... for those who have one, or have seen them in person, does it look more like the warmer gray (left), or the cooler gray (right)? It’s not metallic looking, right? The Tungsten in comparison, always look like a cool silver in the photos and videos.

Thanks!

I'd call it 'dove gray' if I was otherwise uninformed, but I'm not, so moc sand it is. :)

I’ve been looking at the Silver Sky, and have been interested in the Moc Sand color. However, I’m really confused about what the color really looks like. The official PRS photos looks to be a pretty “warm” gray, looks like a nice sand beach color. But in many other photos and videos, can look very “cool” gray, not sand color at all. Sometime within a video, when they switch camera angles, it turns from warm to cool gray.

Here is image from PRS, vs Sweetwater:

silver_sky_2019_moc_sand.jpg
0298528-front-medium.jpg

I have never seen the moc sand in real life... for those who have one, or have seen them in person, does it look more like the warmer gray (left), or the cooler gray (right)? It’s not metallic looking, right? The Tungsten in comparison, always look like a cool silver in the photos and videos.

Thanks!
I can only judge off of the white of the pickguard. Look at the white background of the site page to compare. I think the one on the right looks "whiter" but is tinted more toward the blue side, at least on my screen.

Not my picture, but when googling it this is most like how I remember it. This was my second favorite after the Golden Mesa one I bought. It’s almost a bit pastel-ish.

Great, just what I was looking for. Just wanted reference for the real thing, thanks!

White balance and lighting can change the appearance of pretty well anything. My Midnight Rose Silver Sky looked like Rose Gold in the incandescent lighting last night. In ambient daylight, it looks more like a dusky rose.

Hi
New here . I have the Moc Sand from sweetwater. It looks exactly like their photos

I like the feel of a satin neck similar to my AmPro Strat & Tele. But I'm not sure about lthat moc sand color. I do like the polar blue; I like blue & I don't have a blue guitar. But it has a nitro finish like my Martin's which is ok, but a satin neck feels so smooth. Tough deciions.....

Back