Mixing PRS pickups? Good? Bad? Stoopid?

Yeah, one of our beloved brothers here liked the SS neck but not the finish. Said it felt “sticky” with his hands. I’m sure that before long there will be some guys taking scratchpads to the back of the necks if they otherwise love the guitar and don’t like that aspect.

Sticky is an excellent way to describe it. For the guys that love the guitar otherwise, I hope the lacquer comes off. I just had a fight with my 1980 F guitar... lacquer wouldn’t budge. The SS lacquer looks similar.

If I wasn't too chicken to do something about that "sticky", I'd still own it!

Oh, PS, apparently I just missed seeing/playing one yesterday. After Ohio State demolished Michigan, we went out to eat and then to GC. When I got there, Ron told me that a guy just walked out the door with one. If we’d have gone there before eating I would have been able to play one.

Oh, PS, apparently I just missed seeing/playing one yesterday. After Ohio State demolished Michigan, we went out to eat and then to GC. When I got there, Ron told me that a guy just walked out the door with one. If we’d have gone there before eating I would have been able to play one.

Bummer... good news is that you are bound to run into another shortly. They are popping up everywhere. Maybe ask the store manager to call you when another one shows up? I did that with a couple of local stores before I ran smack into one while traveling to TX.

If I wasn't too chicken to do something about that "sticky", I'd still own it!

Yup... I think I would have gone the sandpaper route on the SS if I had one. The scratchy scratchy routine seems to work well on maple necks. My McCarty is painted red though. I could really fck it up; it could end up awful looking.

:(

Then I couldn’t even sell it even if it had some awesome 53/10 pickups installed.

Then I’d have to give it away for free.

Or something.

Just because of the scratchy scratchy routine.

Back