Missed it by that much (FedEx truck)

watelessness

Is there a worse feeling in the world than getting to the door just in time to see the FedEx teuck driving away?

Sigh

I don't know that feeling. I either am home when they call, miss them by hours (normal when I'm at work), or one time, they lied, and said I wasn't home when they didn't even bother. But that was just the once.

What happened to Sergio?

There was this one day that Sergio saw a brown truck and thought he missed a delivery. As it turned out the truck wasn't even a UPS truck - it was a food truck that sold sandwiches made of day-old bread and coldcuts scavenged from supermarket dumpsters. In fact, the truck wasn't even brown but moss green. And on top of that, he didn't even have anything on order.

There was this one day that Sergio saw a brown truck and thought he missed a delivery. As it turned out the truck wasn't even a UPS truck - it was a food truck that sold sandwiches made of day-old bread and coldcuts scavenged from supermarket dumpsters. In fact, the truck wasn't even brown but moss green. And on top of that, he didn't even have anything on order.

I'll never smoke angel dust again.

Yesterday UPS dropped off an effects pedal, two jack plugs and a length of cable. Within five minutes I was bored with the pedal but I really enjoyed building the cable and it is something that I know I will use, so.

UPS did this to me with a Modern Eagle... Required adult signature, they went to wrong house so didn't get one (I was home). I called to pick it up at the warehouse. No can do because it's still on the truck for delivery the next day. Then they left it on my porch the next day. No signature. In the rain. Luckily my porch was covered.

This story should end: "and besides that, they deliver him a brand new guitar"

:cool::D

UPDATE

So, yeah. Sigh. The door tag seemed to indicate that another attempt would be made but it wasn't clear if it would be that same day or not.

So i waited. No truck. I waited again. No truck. I waited some more. Still no truck.

So i called FedEx Friday night. Since this was a Ground shipment it wouldn't be at the normal Customer Care facility which has Saturday hours, so my options were to have it transferred to that facility, which would take a business day, OR just let the normal re-attempt delivery process transpire and hope that i didn't miss it again. The rep did give me a window for when the truck would be in my neighborhood, which i found totally acceptable. I would lose the weekend of free time checking out the new piece but at least there seemed to be minimal other inconvenience.

But it gets better.

So Monday morning arrives, and my nose is pressed against the glass, fogging it with every breath. I waited, and waited, and waited. Finally i had to step away from the window but my fantastic wife offered to spell me at my post. A couple of minutes later i hear screaming. Screaming? So i ran back to my post only to find it abandoned, but my wife is outside yelling and waving her arms. The gears in my head are clunking in a dumbfounded manner. So i walk out there and see that the FedEx guy is next door carrying a guitar box, and my neighbor is signing for it which makes no sense because he doesn't play. I'm still scratching my head.

As it turns out, the FedEx guy just had a bad day with house numbers, my neighbor is accustomed to getting packages that he doesn't know are coming, and because i have the best wife anybody could ever have i ended up with NGD. :D

Back