Miss November - Singlecut 594

My favorite GOM so far. Nicely done.

Now when they have pernambuco as a neck wood option again then I will sell all my guitars and build another Private Stock.

Last edited:
If they make this in a core model :eek:

Probably they will.
And, as I always said, this guitar is a mistake: fights against the McCarty 594, taking away part of the MC594 market which is a hit, and brings again the "PRS copying Gibson" story. IMHO, the MC594 is something unique, but this SC594 is another LP59 copy.

This being said, the guitar is BEAUTIFUL

So, question about the 4 knob layout. Previous PRS singlecuts have had a very different layout, both in "which knobs did which things", and in physical placement on the face of the guitar. This one is very much like it's grand uncle who was born in 1952 in physical placement. Are the "which knobs do which things" the same as well?

That guitar is absolutely stunning. The inlays are a masterpiece.

So, question about the 4 knob layout. Previous PRS singlecuts have had a very different layout, both in "which knobs did which things", and in physical placement on the face of the guitar. This one is very much like it's grand uncle who was born in 1952 in physical placement. Are the "which knobs do which things" the same as well?

Yep. Top row is vol/tone for neck, bottom row is vol/tone for bridge. As someone who has never owned a Gibson, but has owned two Singlecuts, I can say I like the "G" way of things better in that regard.

I could definitely see the SC 594 as a core model if they drop the SC 245. I think it would find its own niche vs. the double cut 594. Some people don't like the switch placement on the double cut, but would like it on a single cut. Some people would want the Singlecut shape and the extra mass over the double cut.

And then some people would prefer the signature PRS double cut shape and ergonomics, and to be different from the "G" guitars, and the lighter-than-a-Singlecut weight.

I'm sure the "wannabe Gibson" comments will be refreshed anew, but I don't think PRS fans care, and if these were to stay near the pricing of the double cut version, they will provide some very stiff competition to the high-end Les Pauls.

Only one more month to make something Santana shaped. o_O

I would love to see a 22 fret "Santana 594" (a DC 22 with the 594 scale, and full 594 treatment - upper horn 3-way, 2 vol 2 tone, Pattern Vintage Neck, 2 piece bridge), of course with the Santana Body shape and Santana Headstock. I would be ALL OVER that if that were the December GOM!!

But considering the reaction I got when I mentioned the concept in September while visiting PRS, I highly doubt that is in the cards! ;)

EDIT: Actually, I would also be okay if it were 24 frets. Considering how much more room the upper frets feel on the 24.594" scale versus the 24.5" scale, I would be curious to see how a 24 fret version would be. I would also be okay with a Trem, basically a Santana with the 594 scale, the 2 vol 2 tone, and the upper horn 3 way. That being said, if I were to do my own PS Spec, it would be a DC 22 with the Two Piece bridge. I asked about that, but that would take a CNC Upcharge to do it, so I passed...

I asked about that, but that would take a CNC Upcharge to do it, so I passed...

A group of you guys that routinely buy PS (or plan to) should get together and crowd-source CNC charges...

Wait! Don't! I don't want to distract anyone from my GoFundMe page for buying me that white Westy. :p

Simply stunning, like all the GOM; but not my style (so a good thing I don't have to be disappointed it's out of my price range!)
I'm not a fan of the maple or lighter coloured neck/fretboard, or light blue coloured guitars, but if it was a Cherry or McCarty Sunburst with rosewood or ebony fretboard, well I'd be drooling for starters!

Interesting, when did this happen?

Sorry that was a typo. I was typing on my phone. It is supposed to say "Now when they have pernambuco as a neck wood option...."

As far as I know it still is not available as an option.

Back