Mirror mirror on the wall... which SE is fairest of all?

Which is your favorite SE Model

• Total voters
So I have owned an early Santana SE, SE Bernie, SE semi-hollow soapy, SE EG and currently have SE One and ZM SE. For me it would be the SE Semi-hollow soapy. The tone from that guitar was perfect (to me). I regret selling that guitar more than any other I have sold or traded. The only mod I made to that one was a PRS scalloped nut. The jury is still out on the ZM...although it plays like butter and sounds pretty good...but not as good as the SE Semi-hollow soapy.

What's the difference between the SE Bernie Marsden and the SE SC245? It seems the addition of an extra tone knob makes the SC245 strictly better than the Marsden.
Neck feel; the Marsden is a tad thinner feel than the 245, even though both profiles are classified as wide fat.

Also, At least to me when I A/B'd both, the SE245 felt a lot heavier than my Marsden. My Marsden weighed in at 7.6 lbs.

I vote Santana based on looks alone. Of my four SE's I like the Orianthi the best, it's a great guitar no matter the price tag.

I dig my new Santana SE in Santana yellow. I like the stock pickups and the tuners are okay, but I might replace them with some Grover 406c mini locking ones.

I have not played many of the other choices but I have a SE Singlecut Tremolo in tobacco burst and an SE Standard in natural mahogany with red'ish dark stain. These two are both really nice guitars, especially the Singlecut.

I see a lot of people showing a lot of love for the Zach Myers. What do you guys like so much about it?

I have the ZM and my son has 2 - 245's and a custom 22 semi. I like the ZM the best of them all but they are all great guitars for sure. I tried the Tremonti and it is nice but I am a fixed bridge type of guy. I would have probably picked up a Bernie due to all the positive reviews on it but they are not available in the US. If they decide to do another US run in the future I would love to test one out for sure. At least I know the local shop would get it in stock as the SE line is the only thing they keep stocked very well.

I had to vote for the SE Custom 24, since between the 25 inch scale, clear and defined 85/15s pickups, and excellent fretwork, it’s basically a perfect guitar for me.

34b51765180098dee6101c20c92a5b73.jpg

Whoa, that is a sexy beast!
Was this a UK limited run? I'm asking because it seems that a lot of the pics that I found were from UK dealers when they were new. Right now, GC has a natural version labeled as a 277 with P90's but without the Bigsby(unfortunately), it's a sweet looking guitar, but I'm a sucker for a Bigsby so I'm now officially hunting this mythical unicorn.

Oh, and I voted CU24 simply because it was my first PRS and it served very well as the introduction to the brand. It's still in the stable, but it's lost playing time since I got my Mira. If I could've voted again, I would've chosen the SE One. I'm a huge fan of JR's and Specials with P90's and the One checks all those boxes. Someday I'll add a Korina or an Abraxas to the stable.
As much as I love seeing Private Stock and 10 tops that are truly pieces of art, I really dig the oddball SE stuff!

Currently own

2011 PRS SE Bernie Marsden
2018 PRS SE Chris Robertson
2015 PRS SE Marty Friedman
2010 PRS SE Nick Catanese (Custom Werewolf Artwork)
2012 PRS SE Santana
2004 PRS SE Soapbar Singlecut
2009 PRS SE Tremonti
2014 PRS SE Tremonti Custom (Thomann 6oth anniversary Ltd Ed)

I've voted Bernie but the Chris Robertson is just as magical.

Last edited:
Back