Mirror mirror on the wall... which SE is fairest of all?

Which is your favorite SE Model

• Total voters

andy474x

Knows the Drill
Got to thinking today, what would the forum favorite be for the SE line? Of course, they're all great, and this is totally subjective... not trying to say one is hands down better than another, just interested to see how the votes come out.

With that said, I'm limited to 10 models, so I'm going to list an what I think some of the top models are, but feel free to comment on others too!

The contenders:

SE Custom 24 (newer version)
SE 245
SE Santana (newer version)
SE Zach Myers (2014 version)
SE Tremonti Custom
SE Bernie Marsden
SE Custom Semi-Hollow
SE Custom 22/Santana (discontinued models)
SE One
SE Soapbar (inc any discontinued model and the current 245 soapbar)

I'll go ahead and say, my overall pick for favorite would be the Akesson, but I don't think that one has the widespread popularity, so if I'm going by the list, of the models I've tried... I'll pick the Santana.

I am, however, expecting that to change when I get my hands on the new ZM ;)

Let 'er rip boys!

Last edited:
I've owned a lot of those from that list, I still own a modded SE 245 and I think of all the SE guitars I've owned, it's my favorite! I bought two at the same time to A/B them and kept the "better" of the two, but they were both very good! :D SE 245 gets my vote! ;)

The 2 favorite of all time for me are
34b51765180098dee6101c20c92a5b73.jpg

777a8dde2cbeaac3af4b27d8ec12c99f.jpg

No category for the baritones?

I wanted to include as many models as I could, but the poll was limited to 10 choices :( I left them out because I think fewer people have them, but feel free to tell us why you love the long scale goodness!!

I probably need a semi-hollow now! And there are a couple of SE Cu Semi with P90s at the nearby shop. And the black one looks amazing. *figures* :confused:

That said, if my choice were to be a solid body, I'd opt for a singlecut, probably the Marty Friedman one. I already have the SE Custom 24, and that's my favourite guitar for now. :top:

The only SE I have owned is a Mark Tremonti SE( great guitar )
but because of the poll I looked at all the SEs and the Zack Meyers would get my $$$

but feel free to tell us why you love the long scale goodness!!

Ummm..... :laugh:

Actually, I couldn't bond with the scale length. I loved the tone on my MM baritone, and the pickups were HOTTTT! The thing was a metal machine, but I let it go and picked up a quilt top whale blue SE245 for my son. A friend bought the baritone, so I can still visit when I want.

What's the difference between the SE Bernie Marsden and the SE SC245? It seems the addition of an extra tone knob makes the SC245 strictly better than the Marsden.

I have three on this list
2012 Custom 24
2012 Santana
2012 Tremonti Custom
2012 Semi-Hollow (my youngest sons)
and out of those I like the Tremonti custom the best.

But...I have the new ZM coming very soon, so it will take me a while to decide.
Big fan of the 25" scale and wide/thin neck, so I may be leaning towards the Tremonti still.

As I've bought one I'll go with Mikael Akerfeldt Signature , probably its the most closest guitar to M aryland made ones.I tried Custom 24 but no Mikael Akerfeldt signature guitar is the one fitted to me most.

PD: this and the one with Bigsby that Chris528 post... what model is that one? is amazing.

It was a very limited run semi hollow with Bigsby. Also comes from factory with Phase Ii locking tuners. The pic is of mine with several mods.

Back