Mira X Orange Creme - lightest of them all?

Shmockiebaby

I have a 'burst Mira X at home. Love it, due to the light weight. Plays as nice as my '87 Custom 24, and sounds great too.

Traveling today in Ohio, and I ran across an Orange Creme Mira X. Less than 5 lbs soaking wet (dealer weighed it). Dealer told me that the orange ones were the lightest of them all, but he did not know why. It feels lighter than mine, but there's no way to be sure until I get it home - because I bought it! So I can compare them at home.

Why did I need two? Heck, it was a killer deal, with original hang tags and case candy, but the wrong case. I talked him down a whole bunch and got an SE gig bag - it'll fly better that way anyway, Find the least expensive completed sale of a Mira X on eBay, and subtract $75. Plus tax. Killer deal.

Anyone know if the orange creme ones really are lighter weight? Thanks!

I have been debating adding a Bigsby and replacing the bridge on my other Mira X. Kind of a cross between Starla and Mira. Would need to plug bridge holes and start fresh. Pro touch up would be needed.

Do it! Yes to do it properly you would need to plug and add a roller bridge, but there's plenty out there that have just got over the top of the PRS stoptail...

Ive played several Mira/Starla Xes and they were all very light, but Ive never seen one under 5lbs! I think the lightest Ive seen maybe 5.5lbs.

The color finish has nothing to do with it, though :)

Enjoy your killer deal and axe!

The dealer's thought was that the used less attractive wood under the solid finish, and that some of the less perfect stuff might be lighter. I dunno. Gibson and Fender always put solid finishes over their less attractive pieces of wood. But if ugly was light, I'd be a lot skinnier.

Congrats! I had a Starla X a few years back and loved it. Many possibilities ahead to customize and make your own, good luck!

Still kinda regret not pulling the trigger on a Starla X Soapbar a few years back when a limited allocation hit these shores. I'm well-served in the P90 realm now with my Mira 245 but the Starla X would have been nice for the ridiculously low weight. Used 'X' models now seem to sell for a bit more than Digital Village was blowing them out for when they only had a few left - and I've never seen a soapbar model, only the ones with the Mira X pups which are less interesting to me.

FYI, I weighed the 'burst Mira X - 5.12 pounds (digital scale). I weighed the orange creme Mira X - 4.11 pounds. Wow!! Really as much difference as I thought.

The 'burst one just went up on the 'Bay a few minutes ago.

Back