Mira S2 Semi-hollow anyone?

alceste_

Hi, I am thinking of getting the new Mira S2 semi-hollow but my local retailer does not have any in stock to try out. I can order on the web, though. Does anyone has one yet? If yes, would you care to give your feedback? How different does it sound from the S2 the solid body model?

Thanks!

I played one for a while and loved it. I'm definitely a Hollowbody/semi fan, so keep that in mind. I have a really great '08 Mira with 57/08s. I think the semi-Mira has a bit more low mids compared to the original's mid and high mid emphasis. I found it very resonant and a joy to play. Tonally, I think it's my favorite of the three S2 semis. There's just a good amount of body and warmth with enough bite.

BTW, if the pickguard and routing were like the original, I'd be looking to trade.

This is going to sound silly but even though I own one I can't tell you what it sounds like. I spent about 15 minutes with it and then I pulled it apart ready for a couple of small mods.

Have never tried a solid Mira so can't give a comparison either sorry!

Is it just me or is that Singlecut that Rob is using a one-piece top?

Humbucker sized P90s with push/pull for either coil tap (lower output tap) or series/parallel would be my vote. :)

This could turn into a fun game! I don't think anyone could guess correctly though, not unless they knew what was in my spare parts drawer :)

No idea what's in your drawers, but maybe you're cutting a hole in the back to put your parts in when you play naked.

Last edited:
Back