Mini Pedal Madness!!!

We need CRGTR to review these!

Chris ( crgtr ) has reviewed all my pedals most of the videos are on my website or just search tonal insanity on youtube.
Derek Morgan also has them

I'm going to throw a slight curveball. I started considering a mini (micro?) board, but haven't fully committed to all mini pedals. I DO have one pedal that kinda meets the spirit of the concept, if not the definition. My favorite pedal is my Jetter Jet Drive. It is basically two (nearly) identical overdrives in one box. The pedal is bigger than the norm, but small than two Boss sized boxes. Considering the fact that you don't have cable between the two effects, and can change from drive into boost to boost into drive, work each individually, or both together, This one only takes up slightly more space than a separate OD and boost. I can't make myself fully commit to only mini pedals.

If you haven't checked out the Jet Drive, do it! It is amazingly versatile, considering the simple controls and layout.

I hear you, it's got to be mini AND have best in class tone to make the board. Part of the effort for me with the Mini's is SAVING space for a couple of tone foundation pedals - OCD for one. ;)

I do have one pleasant surprise all ready - the Polytune Mini is fantastic! Very fast to acquire the signal, very accurate without constantly hunting. I may sell my TU-3 and get another! :rock:

I'm biased too, I love these! The Little Big Horn is the coolest, most usable fuzz I've heard in a long time, and the Sequoia is a tone-shaping machine!

I gotta go check out Chris's demos! :D

I want to do the same thing (build a mini board). There are some great mini's out there. The Xotic SP Compressor is fantastic. It seems people are giving the non-digital Mooer pedals good reviews (mixed reviews for the Green Mile tubescreamer). Check out the Pedaltrail Volto for a power supply. Lovepedal has some excellent minis. I love my Picklevibe...

That Volto looks pretty cool - if it ships anytime soon I'll have to have one. It eliminates trying to find power for one more thing and makes it easier to put the board where you want! One cable back to the amp! :D

That Volto looks pretty cool - if it ships anytime soon I'll have to have one. It eliminates trying to find power for one more thing and makes it easier to put the board where you want! One cable back to the amp! :D

It has 2 output, but you can use a daisy chain cable to power every pedal on the board.

Lovepedal is good stuff!

Got lucky today, I'm in NorCal visiting Family, walk in the little GC here and they had a Polytune Mini Noir. The Noir one has been sold out around here and the ones I've seen on TGP were at a premium over retail. This one was on sale SCORE! :D

Lovepedal is good stuff!

Got lucky today, I'm in NorCal visiting Family, walk in the little GC here and they had a Polytune Mini Noir. The Noir one has been sold out around here and the ones I've seen on TGP were at a premium over retail. This one was on sale SCORE! :D

Cool! Stealth and accurate!

Make your own mini fuzz. The circuit is UNGODLY simple. That was you can use your own transistors and match as you see fit.

If your playing just acoustic, looks like your covered...if not what about chorus, flange, and overdrive....many options out there or you can just get one multi-effects pedal.

I got a call to go jam at my old bass players new house. He bought a house that the guy before restored vintage cars, he converted the detached workshop to a music room. :D

So I decided it was a good time to set up the "Mini" board. I'm waiting for a "Volto" power supply for the PT Mini so I used my bigger PT to do a mock up :D It's still in flux - could use a couple more mini pedals and some of the pancake connector patch cables to tighten it up. :wink:

It got me though 3 hours and a bunch of songs without thinking I was missing anything. I'll use the bigger board to gig just to get my fishman DI and the wireless. ;) It was great to make one trip from the truck and have EVERYTHING! :D

Looking good! I can't wait for some real world reviews of the Volto. Lemme know what you think when you get it.

You know, if you put the tuner after the OCD, you could probably fit it and the EP perpendicular to the others and free up some more space...just a thought. I like having my tuner up front, too, but might compromise to fit such a small board.

Back