Mini Pedal Madness!!!

Rango

So I'm building a new mini board to travel with my little five watt amps. I've found a few basics - Tuner, Boost, looper... looking for suggestions!
1D721ABA-1FF3-4954-82C2-10A23147DCDD-636-00000141B7E2FB3B_zpsab63da95.jpg

What's your favorite Mini Pedal? :biggrin:
Might need a FUZZ like the JHS mini foot fuzz...
mini-foot-fuzz-top1.jpg

I'm also looking to build a compact pedalboard with essential analog FXs.

I found Malekko that makes compact pedals worth a try.
Really interested in the phaser and chorus pedals.

IMG_5174test.png

CHORUS_BK_L+50.png

If anybody has any comments on those, they would be very appreciated.

May the GAS be with you... :proud:

Red Witch Seven Sisters Lily Boost and Scarlett OD!

I'd seen the others from Exotica but had not seen the Red Witch stuff! :D
http://redwitchpedals.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4
I've lusted after the Red Witch Chorus for a long time, I'll have to hunt up demo's to see how the new stuff sounds! :D

There's more of the small form factor stuff out there than I though! Maybe I should have ordered a PT NANO rather than the Mini, the Mini may be to BIG! :laugh:

I found a demo for the JHS Mini Foot fuzz that sounded REALLY GOOD and very flexable:

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't played those two Malekko pedals, but everything of theirs that I have, I like. Cool tones and well-built pedals.

Also, as an alternative to the EP Booster (which is an awesome pedal), check out Cusack More Louder. Great boost.

I'd seen the others from Exotica but had not seen the Red Witch stuff! :D
http://redwitchpedals.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4
I've lusted after the Red Witch Chorus for a long time, I'll have to hunt up demo's to see how the new stuff sounds! :D

There's more of the small form factor stuff out there than I though! Maybe I should have ordered a PT NANO rather than the Mini, the Mini may be to BIG! :laugh:

I found a demo for the JHS Mini Foot fuzz that sounded REALLY GOOD and very flexable:

The pedal board I travel with when I'm doing PRS clinics is the Nano, it fits nicely in my roller board. For around town stuff I use a Mini just to give me a few more options. The Nano's been on the road with me for more than 250,000 miles (400,000 km) without a bit of trouble or TSA hassles. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The pedal board I travel when I'm doing PRS clinics is the Nano, it fits nicely in my roller board. For around town stuff I use a Mini just to give me a few more options. The Nano's been on the road with me for more than 250,000 miles (400,000 km) without a bit of trouble or TSA hassles. ;)

WOW! That's a ton of miles! Premier Platinum? - I bet you get the upgrades to first class all the time! ;)

Just starting with the PT-Mini and with all the options for mini pedals there's a danger of having MORE stuff on it that the PT-Pro! :laugh:

I spent some time drooling on the Mooer Site last night ! I think the FUNKY MONKEY is going to make the board - I've always wanted to play with an auto wah! ;)

I'm very excited at the prospect of hearing an actual player's opinion of a Mooer pedal. They seem great on paper, but haven't seen/heard any real world experience.

I'm very excited at the prospect of hearing an actual player's opinion of a Mooer pedal. They seem great on paper, but haven't seen/heard any real world experience.

The ones that have popped up used on TGP have not lasted long... That's usually a good sign. I am going to find out pretty soon and I'll report back - going shopping this weekend! ;)

When I started looking around for the small form factor I though I'd find one or two...

So far there's
Exotica
Mooer
Malekko
TC
Red Witch

All making mini effects! :rock: With the diversity available it may be time to retire the "BIG" pedal board! At least for playing out... Wild! :D

I'm going to throw a slight curveball. I started considering a mini (micro?) board, but haven't fully committed to all mini pedals. I DO have one pedal that kinda meets the spirit of the concept, if not the definition. My favorite pedal is my Jetter Jet Drive. It is basically two (nearly) identical overdrives in one box. The pedal is bigger than the norm, but small than two Boss sized boxes. Considering the fact that you don't have cable between the two effects, and can change from drive into boost to boost into drive, work each individually, or both together, This one only takes up slightly more space than a separate OD and boost. I can't make myself fully commit to only mini pedals.

If you haven't checked out the Jet Drive, do it! It is amazingly versatile, considering the simple controls and layout.

My mini pedals are a JHS Prestige (it's similar to a Zvex SHO I guess in sound) and a Xotic EP Booster. The Prestige is set as a line driver/buffer, the EP is a clean boost.

I am biased on this topic as I make them but you will love these :)

I am making a small board also to go with my Egnater Tweaker 15 with these two pedals and a Boss RV-3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jgvEDqAAFHo

http://www.tonalinsanity.com/littlebighorn.php

http://www.tonalinsanity.com/sequoia.php

I'm biased too, I love these! The Little Big Horn is the coolest, most usable fuzz I've heard in a long time, and the Sequoia is a tone-shaping machine!

Back