Migraines

Recently at work, I had a migraine, it always starts with flashes in my visual field and it gets worse until I lose my sight, this phase is painless, then it's brain carnage!

However, this has happened to me about twenty times in my life, nothing comparable to you.
I don't even dare to imagine how difficult it must be to live with chronic migraines.

Did you mention Montreal? are you from Quebec!?
I'll let Lola herself give you the details on where she's located, but the outskirts of the GTA to the best of my knowledge. I gather you are from Montreal though. I'm an Alberta resident, but am very familiar with Montreal due to many stays there over the last 25 years.

I'll let Lola herself give you the details on where she's located, but the outskirts of the GTA to the best of my knowledge. I gather you are from Montreal though. I'm an Alberta resident, but am very familiar with Montreal due to many stays there over the last 25 years.
I don't live in Montreal, I'm more of a country person! let's say I like the city but smaller, I need more vegetation trees and fields!
After working 20 years in Montreal and crossing bridges! I am no longer able with the traffic, a real pain!

I'm so sorry to hear this. Are you feeling better now?
No. I am in bed(day 3) I have a new complication. I have water blisters all over my stomach and chest. Some are the size of small plums. Very uncomfortable to have to wear any clothes. Especially the elastic around the waist band. I didn’t notice anything until Friday morning. They really hurt. I am in antibiotics for it now. I feel like someone ran me over in a truck.

I know that alot of this is to do with my toxic work environment. It’s gotten a lot worse over the last two years.

When I go back I am going to do the Mission Impossible and record and make notes of everything.

I was afraid to even phone in sick. That’s just not fair. I don’t give a damn anymore!

Thought of sharing... I've been on Gabapentin for a few months already and I have been almost migraine free since then. Also gives me a good night's sleep.
My husband was on Gabapentin and the side effects he experienced were horrendous. No thx. But, thx for caring!

My doctor and I started to experiment with different drugs. I won’t be a Guinea pig anymore. The last nightmare was with Topamax. I was suffering so much from this drug. Lost too much weight and couldn’t cope. Never again.

My husband was on Gabapentin and the side effects he experienced were horrendous. No thx. But, thx for caring!

My doctor and I started to experiment with different drugs. I won’t be a Guinea pig anymore. The last nightmare was with Topamax. I was suffering so much from this drug. Lost too much weight and couldn’t cope. Never again.
What were his side effects, if I may ask?

What were his side effects, if I may ask?
He had uncontrollable shaking. I had to hold his drinks for him to be able to wet his whistle. This isn’t a usual side effect of this drug but that is the way this drug affected him.

He had uncontrollable shaking. I had to hold his drinks for him to be able to wet his whistle. This isn’t a usual side effect of this drug but that is the way this drug affected him.
Oh... Yeah, I noticed that I do have some little shaking too. I never thought about it as a side effect until you mentioned. But, it is not so bad for me and nobody notices

I hope you and your husband will feel better.

Coming down from one right now...whew. Awoke at 4:30am with it, already full blast. Which meant the migraine medication does not help... you have to take that stuff at the first sign. Nothing to for it (no pills of any kind help me at all: pain meds, muscle relaxers, nothing) but lay there with bags of frozen peas on my head, to numb the pain. I got lucky this time- lasted about 8 hours, now I've got the hangover... unsteady, shaking a little, still have about 20% of the migraine too but I can handle that. I won't feel normal again until tomorrow morning after a full night's sleep.

Coming down from one right now...whew. Awoke at 4:30am with it, already full blast. Which meant the migraine medication does not help... you have to take that stuff at the first sign. Nothing to for it (no pills of any kind help me at all: pain meds, muscle relaxers, nothing) but lay there with bags of frozen peas on my head, to numb the pain. I got lucky this time- lasted about 8 hours, now I've got the hangover... unsteady, shaking a little, still have about 20% of the migraine too but I can handle that. I won't feel normal again until tomorrow morning after a full night's sleep.
Have you tried Maxalt. It’s the only on that works for me.

I am so aware after 25 years the very first tiny indicator of an in coming migraine. A little throb on the side of my left temple. Last night I had one. I always catch my migraines before they become crazy. There has only been one or two times that I haven’t caught it. That’s when I will grab a prescription sleeping pill, sleep and then usually it’s gone by that time.

I just found out that OHIP will cover my Botox after 55. Just turned 57 in November. I have to do some inquiries. So glad for benefits.

My God is faithful and merciful, and has a reason for everything He does and even for everything He allows. I’m truly anxious to hear His reasons behind my migraines.

My God is faithful and merciful, and has a reason for everything He does and even for everything He allows. I’m truly anxious to hear His reasons behind my migraines.
Pls for god sakes keep your religion out of this.
Scientific data proves he doesn’t play a roll in your migraines! I am offended as a 25 year veteran of horrendous migraines. Oh ya, I think that when I am throwing up in the toilet. NO NO NO!

No religion or politics!!!! I never thought I would see this here!

Last edited:
I came back from Paris, I liked it. But I couldn't find affordable medicines for myself there. Tried to find (https://highthc.shop/) but decided to return home to buy. Also there is a peculiarity of shopping there in Europe, but I think the laws have changed. It's much more affordable and legal now than if I were in the U.S. or elsewhere.
I've reported you, nasty post changing Bot!!

I am so aware after 25 years the very first tiny indicator of an in coming migraine. A little throb on the side of my left temple. Last night I had one. I always catch my migraines before they become crazy. There has only been one or two times that I haven’t caught it. That’s when I will grab a prescription sleeping pill, sleep and then usually it’s gone by that time.

I just found out that OHIP will cover my Botox after 55. Just turned 57 in November. I have to do some inquiries. So glad for benefits.
For what it’s worth, Botox was the first med that actually improved my pain symptoms. I did stop it after 6 quarterly doses as I felt I wasn’t getting any better (I noticed some improvement after 3rd dose, both on level of pain and barometer sensitivity). Instead of my 7th Botox, we tried Lidocaine - that helped even more, but didn’t last long. Also did nothing for the ice pick pain at my temples, just the forehead and top of skull/ back of head nerves. I should probably get another dose. Amazing how long these nerves can stay in a state of hyper excitement causing pain, at least for me. You have different symptoms so may not be the case for your situation.

Now I’m trying Aimovig, third dose in a few weeks. Was told I wouldn’t notice anything for the first 4-5 doses. Migraine treatments are total crapshoots and is beyond frustrating being a constant Guinea Pig! Nothing has helped my chronic dizziness. They want me to try venlafaxine but after the disaster that topomax/topiramate was I’m gun shy about that class of drugs, even at very low doses.

Back