Might Want To Avoid

FDHog

I just bought an S2 McCarty 594 from Island Music in MD. It was advertised as "NEW". It came with rusted strings and light pick scratches on the body. WTF?
I contacted them and No Reply. It was obviously a floor model yet priced like new. Never had an experience like this. Just to be clear, I never bash anyone, but this was unacceptable.

I just bought an S2 McCarty 594 from Island Music in MD. It was advertised as "NEW". It came with rusted strings and light pick scratches on the body. WTF?
I contacted them and No Reply. It was obviously a floor model yet priced like new. Never had an experience like this. Just to be clear, I never bash anyone, but this was unacceptable.
That sucks.
Send it back?

I was there once a couple years back and from what I recall, all of their stock of electrics are out on display within arms reach in a very crammed space ready to be picked up and played. Even if it hadn’t been previously sold, it was likely touched and played by many for whatever period of time that they had it in stock.

Last edited:
Get one in the same condition or better from GC used for half the price....

I found Chicago Music Exchange on here by looking at the forum and those guys were amazing to work with. The used guitar I got looked almost new. And they are generous with the trades you give them.

I think we're all saying the same thing. It is "new" because it hasn't been previously sold. But it has been on the wall there for probably quite some time. If you really like the guitar, change the strings and buff out the light scratches. If you don't care for the way you've been treated, take it back.

Yeah, I'm only gonna deal with a few select dealers from now on. Unfortunately I went with someone who offered no tax. That's what I get for bargain hunting. Buffed out the finish, changed all the electronics, changed the pickups, and did a full setup. BTW, Duncan Whole Lotta Humbuckers are pretty damn good pups.

Bought an ESP LTD 1000 Koa on Reverb as being new, it wasn't. It was a demo model, who knows how many different players used it. It was listed as new because Reverb allows dealers to list demo as new. Not too thrilled with Reverb rules.

Back