Mid 00’s Custom 22 or 2013 Paul’s Guitar or 2021 Paul’s Guitar

dublev

Hi All- Seeking advice for a rock and roll guitar. I’ve owned a CU22 in the past and know they are great. I have not shopped PRS since the advent of Paul’s guitar. I have a line on a used 2013 Paul’s guitar, a 2021 Paul’s guitar and a 2005 CU22. If you had to pick one of these, which would you choose and why? I have a tele, a strat, a les paul and an sg. Looking for something that can do the Gibson thing pretty well and the fender thing in a pinch in one guitar. Thanks!

Given your existing arsenal the PG seems like a better choice unless you’d lean towards trem bridge and between those…. Tough to say unless I got to play both of them. I personally haven’t ever loved the split tones of any double HB (standard sized) PRS I’ve owned, but the videos with TCI pickups like the PG are much more convincing.

Thanks for the response. I was afraid of that answer lol. The newest PG is the most expensive, but probably for good reason. The demos are just fantastic sounding.

I have had two 2013 Paul's Guitars with trems. I have a Modern Eagle V with the TCI pickups. I prefer the sound of the 2013 Paul's pickups. Sometimes the TCI pickups feel too bright and stiff...though it could just be me.

I have a 2017 Paul's guitar and think it's great and so versatile. I think that would be the best bang for your buck in my opinion. Full disclosure, I also had a Geri Curl and a hight top fade at one point, so my judgement may be sketchy:D

Back