Metal Pickups Availability

David Oxford

Hello all. I searched the forums for some info on this but couldn't find any. Im trying to locate a set of uncovered metal pickups and strangely the supply seems to have dried up. Are these out of production?

Hello all. I searched the forums for some info on this but couldn't find any. Im trying to locate a set of uncovered metal pickups and strangely the supply seems to have dried up. Are these out of production?

These are your choices according to the PRS store...

https://us.prsaccessories.com/collections/pickups

If there aren't any on the free-market then they must be as good as people say they are;)

I'm not sure I've seen uncovered \m/ pickups outside of PS in recent times.

There are some covered ones on Ebay right now. You can still get uncovered sets, but they are very pricey. The good news is they come with a CU24 Floyd wrapped around them!

They used to pop up fairly often on eBay or reverb. There was a dealer down south that had them pretty regularly for awhile. Can’t remember the name off hand.

I too remember seeing them a lot on ebay and reverb, suddenly the supply seems to have dried up. And ive noticed that too deli, when they show up used you gotta grab them or they disappear! Hoping ill find a set

I had one set covered and one set uncovered but moved them both. Had a set in my McCarty for a while while detuned

Back