Metal issue

Funkbear311

9-5 worker, who just wants to play guitar at work
Question, I have a core custom 24 with a satin finish and I’m curious how you store yours? I keep mine in the case because the finish is apparently temperamental. But the issue is I’m getting oxidation I believe on my bridge and tuners, I can clean it off using a chrome polish but it keeps coming back and I’m wondering is the case too humid? What causes it?

All 13 of my guitars are stored in skb i-series cases. They are waterproof, just really expensive. I put a Taylor T5z with a D'Addario Humidipak in a i-series last March, the Humidipak is still good. Great cases but a wee bit expensive.

All 13 of my guitars are stored in skb i-series cases. They are waterproof, just really expensive. I put a Taylor T5z with a D'Addario Humidipak in a i-series last March, the Humidipak is still good. Great cases but a wee bit expensive.
Yeah I’m using the standard PRS case so I’ll check this out

Are you wiping-down your guitars after you play? I have one buddy who’ chemistry is so hard on guitars that I won’t let him touch mine without scrubbing with soap all the way up to his elbows.
Most of the time. But this mostly occurs on the tremolo bridge which I’m not sweating all over. I probably will start wiping down every time just to be sure

I'd guess body chemistry too but D'Addario sells case humidifiers for not much that I use when transporting.

I have no issues with tarnishing with the regular PRS cases I've been keeping my guitars in when not in use, for the last 30 years. As the others have suggested, it's probably body chemistry.

An SKB case is highly unlikely to make any difference, save your money.

Back