Mesa Boogie 1/4" amp switching cable...

ReptilianNosewood

I see a lot of you guys are gigging players so i have a technical question im hoping somebody could help me with. Recently bought a Joyo Pxl Pro just to get my feet wet with pedal switchers before i decide how high im gonna go with a more advanced switcher. I have a Mesa Roadster and was wondering what kind of 1/4" cables i would use for the channel switching triggers on the joyo? I have heard normal guitar cables work, i have heard TRS of different kinds would work. I just wanna make sure to get the right kind square away. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Refer to your amp's manual. Use the right cable and switch to control the feature desired (my MkIII uses mono cables for channel switching but a stereo cable for the EQ/reverb switching).

Yeah i read all through the manual and all it says is that it had 1/4" jacks for external switching, but does not specify the type of cable.

Don't own one but this makes me think they are mono
EXTERNAL SWITCH JACKS OFFER ADDITIONAL CHANNEL CONTROL
roadster_fd7_ext_switch.jpg

External Switch Jacks provide the interface to control the Channels, LOOP, REVERB and SOLO via an external master switching system.
External Switch Jacks provide the interface to control the Channels, LOOP, REVERB and SOLO via an external master switching system. Standard latching tip-to-ground logic triggers the Roadster’s channels and features and lets you build one-button programs from your master switcher that control your amp and processing. TUNER OUT JACK provides a silent tuning feature for live applications when the foot controller is connected.

I guess the DIN foot switch does not do it for you?

Don't own one but this makes me think they are mono
EXTERNAL SWITCH JACKS OFFER ADDITIONAL CHANNEL CONTROL
roadster_fd7_ext_switch.jpg

External Switch Jacks provide the interface to control the Channels, LOOP, REVERB and SOLO via an external master switching system.
External Switch Jacks provide the interface to control the Channels, LOOP, REVERB and SOLO via an external master switching system. Standard latching tip-to-ground logic triggers the Roadster’s channels and features and lets you build one-button programs from your master switcher that control your amp and processing. TUNER OUT JACK provides a silent tuning feature for live applications when the foot controller is connected.

I guess the DIN foot switch does not do it for you?
The Mesa DIN footswitch? They are my favorite amps and they come with my least favorite footswitch. Thanks too i think you are right about them being mono. Im gonna call then to be safe.

Back