Merry Christmas everyone what did you buy yourself?

I bought myself a guitar with some extra strings and a devilish headstock. I also scored some new eurorack modules. If you thought buying guitars were bad...I miss my PS days cause eurorack is straight up mental.

Today the man made a delivery...
VPW7lkM.jpg

fZaAejG.jpg

Wife convinced me to wait until morning (perhaps cuz I'd already had some wine..hmmm) to get out the soldering iron. I've got an idea for the case graphics, and I've already watched about 30 videos on how to do it, so it's less than highly likely I'll screw it up:rolleyes:

I've got it as far as I can without finishing the enclosure...

INOzc4t.jpg

we'll see what the girls have for paints tomorrow or if a trip to the store is in order.

Happy New Year everyone!!

Fucking insurance for mine and my wife’s car had Be renewed couple of days ago so no toys for me :(

Minor update on the new OCD. I tried it Saturday with the Archon. Everything I said above was still true with the Archon. I quickly found a very useful “3rd channel” with each amp. The OCD is more open than the Archon gain channel. The Archon gain channel is more compressed (at least with the volume down where I have to play it at home). So if you want the more open, punchy, touch sensitive gain channel, the OCD is perfect. And you can set it light, medium or a lot of crunch.

Then I discovered something really “special.” Using the OCD with the Archon clean channel, I then started checking solo boost tones with the EP, Barber GCX, Fulldrive 3, etc. It only took a few seconds, and a minor dial of the GCX to get this incredible tone where the mids dial made this incredible snap on the mids notes. It takes some volume to make this work, and it has to do with the speakers actually working. I was using the PRS 2x12 cab. I played this tone for over 20 minutes and was use in awe of how great it sounded. Then I thought I’d see if I could dial in that tone on the OD channel of the amp, but it was getting close to game time so I stopped. I will try that this week, but even if I can’t get it exactly, the tone I have with the GCX>OCD is incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:
You convinced me. Here it is! (Thankfully, I saved a bundle by already having the guard dog!!!)
Kevin

you weren't kidding where you.....very nice. My next door neighbor just bought a used Porsche 911....do you know how many guitars and/or amps you could have bought instead....? But if the seat goes back plenty....then it's a keeper I would think.....

aU0ZOjG.jpg
AZvYdwv.jpg
IvRSlYq.jpg

Creepy-Condescending-Wonka.jpg

Me imagining all the pretty things I could buy with Kevin's credit card...

my secret spec. private stock

another ferarri

one of those cloud guitars that Sergio mentioned in another thread that I really want now

buying more money - AKA investing

another ferarri

one of those cloud guitars that Sergio mentioned in another thread that I really want now

“Come (spend) with me and you’ll be...”

Should be Kevin’s anthem :D

These two - I sailed the ocean blue to find my killer whale. .

D42529_D8-6666-4_AD3-8_B8_A-848_C3375_FE03.jpg

One was cyber monday, the other last week. Sold some gear recently to fund these.

another ferarri

“Come (spend) with me and you’ll be...”

Should be Kevin’s anthem :D
If you're referring to me, come on now!!!

I bought a 17 year old car for a very good deal, which didn't cost me a lot more than a lot of these luxury SUVs I see these soccer moms driving around in all day. Additionally, in the end, this car will likely end up costing me less than those same SUVs. For one, I have no financing or leasing costs, unlike nearly all of those SUVs. Additionally, this car is at the very bottom of its depreciation curve and will likely sell for almost exactly what I paid, if not slightly more. Cannot say the same for said SUVs........

Carry on!
Kevin

I bought a 17 year old car for a very good deal, which didn't cost me a lot more than a lot of these luxury SUVs I see these soccer moms driving around in all day. Additionally, in the end, this car will likely end up costing me less than those same SUVs. For one, I have no financing or leasing costs, unlike nearly all of those SUVs. Additionally, this car is at the very bottom of its depreciation curve and will likely sell for almost exactly what I paid, if not slightly more. Cannot say the same for said SUVs........

Carry on!
Kevin

Just messing with you, Kevin. I dig the Ferrari!

Carry on!
Kevin

Wait, I thought he was talking about your guitars :D The car, while cool, is just a car!

I've had a warmoth guitar for about 20 years and never really liked the neck... so I bought a new neck. Since they've come out with roasted maple necks now which don't require a finish, it saves around $100 so it's not too expensive. It should arrive in about 3 more weeks.

Just broke down and purchased a Hammond Digital Leslie pedal (with AMEX points via Amazon), so it really seems like a gift!

Back