Merry Christmas everyone what did you buy yourself?

Xtyfighterx

im working out of state on Christmas very depressing so I bought myself a little gift to cheer up.

Friedman BE-OD

Thing sounds amazing with my Holcomb SE.

What did you buy yourself this year? Don’t worry I won’t tell your significant other :).

34ycjtx.jpg

That looks like fun. Done any others?

I did a distortion box from a Guitar Player article about...25 or so years ago. I'm no pro with a soldering iron but I'm comfortable enough to give it a try. This kit priced out a little less than the reissue boxes are going for used on eBay, so I figured what the heck. And I get to do my own graphics for the case:cool:

I picked up a used ElectroHarmonix C9 Organ Machine, just for the heck of it. Will likely only use the 'Lord Purple' and mellotron flute settings. Also picked up a splitter box to try to combine the signals into FX loop return but that failed...

I’m always getting myself gizmos of one kind or another, so it’s difficult to say whether it’s for holiday season or just me being me when I get something for the rig.

However, this year’s seasonal ‘coincidences’ are a Pettyjohn Filter EQ, Suhr Alexa chorus, some NOS GE preamp tubes, and a MusicCord power cable for each amp with a removable IEC cord.

I picked up a used ElectroHarmonix C9 Organ Machine, just for the heck of it. Will likely only use the 'Lord Purple' and mellotron flute settings. Also picked up a splitter box to try to combine the signals into FX loop return but that failed...

I have the B9 - it's a cool little pedal. When they first came out, I didn't see much use for it for myself, but then I saw Nalle Colt from Vintage Trouble using one, and I wanted to smack myself in the head. Never occurred to me to use it to supplement and thicken my sound as opposed to just using it as a straight organ sound (although I'm not opposed to...never mind). That's when the light bulb went off. I tried the B9 and C9 in the store - just felt like the B9 had more tones I'd use.

Anxious to hear how your experiences go.

I Didn’t buy anything for myself but my wife bought me a sehnheiser mic and my brother in law bought me one of those vox amplug 2’s. The amplug is actually pretty cool, really decent sound.

Back