Merle Haggard or Waylon Jennings? Go!

I'm afraid of Waylon after he put the curse on Buddy Holly's plane. :eek:

Really like a lot of stuff from both guys. There's an early 70s Merle live album that I've listened to for about 40 years - some great stuff on there. But I keep coming back to Waylon's "Amanda" - love the guitar tones on that song. So I'll go Waylon.

And yes, I know it was all Buddy's fault (spoilered because it's NSFW)...

Reactions: jxe
Waylon was one of the first record albums I got as a kid,(after John Denver) I loved the timbre of his voice and could easily sing along with any of his songs. At the time he seem like a bit of an outlaw, which was for whatever reason attractive to a 10 year old geek like me. I think that was about the time I started looking at and realizing the collaborations in the music industry and the connection from one artist to the next.

Chalk and cheese to me. Merle for the songs, Waylon for the performance.

The narrator of our childhoods!

Used to drive my mum crazy, trying to get in an out of the family car via the windows! Happy times. Yes I was a “good ‘ol boy”:D

Sliding across the hood....oops, sorry, bonnet, was ok though?

Sliding across the hood....oops, sorry, bonnet, was ok though?
Heck I’m au fait with “fanny” “trunk” and “pants”. I live in a country where a lot of words don’t make sense anywhere else!

Yep, I’m sure I scratched the paintwork sliding across the hood in my Paul Michael Glaser knitwear! Yeah I was torn between the outlaws and the law! Haha!!

Back